Question TUF RTX 3080 TI as replacement for ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Gaming 12GB. Should I accept?

shinkazu

Honorable
Jun 19, 2017
Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for an advice.

I had an ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC Gaming 12GB GPU and it's been running well for around 1.5 years but the middle fan suddenly stopped running. I could make it run if I pushed it a little bit by hand, however it would make a lot of noise. The other 2 fans were running well without any noise. Furmark also showed some increase in temperature (around 8 degree Celcius).

Since the unit was still under warranty, I went to ASUS to get it fixed. The guy told me that with this kind of issue, I will get a replacement unit. Not a bad deal, I thought.

A few days went by, I got a call from ASUS. They told me that they don't have a replacement unit yet, but they have an ASUS TUF RTX 3080 Ti (Non-OC) ready and they can give it to me as replacement if I want.

Since RTX 3080 Ti has higher spec than RTX 3080, I was tempted to accept. I found few articles on Google that says RTX 3080 Ti has much better performance compared to RTX 3080 12GB. Even though both has the same VRAM of 12GB.

But when comparing ROG Strix and TUF, I also found articles that says ROG Strix is made with much better materials compared to TUF. And there are also others who mentioned that TUF has very bad quality.

I never had any experience with TUF GPU, and this is my first experience with ROG Strix.
Can anyone give me some advice whether I should accept this replacement offer or not?

My main concern is that I want my GPU to last a long time. That's why I bought ROG Strix in the first place.

Thanks in advance for your help.