[SOLVED] TV doesn't support 3.5mm jack, any work around?

chadedgar

Honorable
Aug 22, 2017
I recently bought LG 43UM7290PTF tv, it doesn't have 3.5mm jack support and only has toslink. I recently bought new wired headsets and I will be rarely watch tv with headphones so don't want buy another pair of headsets. Is there some kind of converter I can use to get 3.5mm jack support?

Solution
I recently bought LG 43UM7290PTF tv, it doesn't have 3.5mm jack support and only has toslink. I recently bought new wired headsets and I will be rarely watch tv with headphones so don't want buy another pair of headsets. Is there some kind of converter I can use to get 3.5mm jack support?
If the TV does not have a headphone output (most don't anymore), you would have to buy a headphone amp with DAC that can accept the toslink output from the TV. Most headphone amps like this are around $100 ... You can buy bluetooth headphones for less.

kanewolf

Titan
If the TV does not have a headphone output (most don't anymore), you would have to buy a headphone amp with DAC that can accept the toslink output from the TV. Most headphone amps like this are around $100 ... You can buy bluetooth headphones for less.

Reactions: chadedgar
Solution