[SOLVED] TV is under warranty but I forgot where I bought it from

On-A-Downer

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2014
I know this is such a stupid question but how can I figure out where I bought the TV from ?

It's a 40" Sony HDR, 1080P. I bought it about 3 years ago and it has a 5 year warranty. WiFi receiver doesn't work and it often freezes.

I know I asked for advice on what to buy either here or on AVSforums and someone recommended this particular TV which was on sale. I thought it was John Lewis but I contacted them and they have no trace of the sale.

Sorry it's a stupid question but the wife is nagging for a new one and I know for sure it's still under warranty, can't find the paper receipt or an email receipt anywhere.

Solution
By and large unless you can find and print out that invoice, you may not have coverage. In some cases you can go register a device and have proof, but could assume this is not the case in this instance.

I find it a good idea to keep even something as simple as a manila folder with important receipts inside. Gets to be a mess to run through every few years, but completely worthwhile.
D

Deleted member 14196

You would have to look through your records like your banking records and statements but even then if you don’t know how much you paid for it you probably wouldn’t be able to identify the charge

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
By and large unless you can find and print out that invoice, you may not have coverage. In some cases you can go register a device and have proof, but could assume this is not the case in this instance.

I find it a good idea to keep even something as simple as a manila folder with important receipts inside. Gets to be a mess to run through every few years, but completely worthwhile.

Solution