Question TV versus a monitor for gaming ?

breakingjak431

Prominent
Sep 25, 2022
Greetings all , i know i have been searching abit on google and stuff , but i didnt find exactly or specifically what i was looking for as far as i know.

So i have a JVC 32 inch TV. I don't know the exact model) but its pretty much 7 years old or so.
Recently i have been playing a bit with the settings , its 60hz on geforce control panel , i went to pubg and i put the fps limit to 75 fps , the game runs fine without like ghosting, some lag every now and then i went back to pubg settings and put the fps limit to 60 fps. Now the screen has some motion blur , also TV lag which is not fps lag , but i found it smoother but with lag a bit.

I'm wondering what is causing this ? I know its a TV , but honestly my real question is even if i get a monitor versus TV same 60hz both , would i see a smoother gameplay and no ghosting on a monitor ?
I was searching on AOC 75hz 4ms

Thanks in advance

Spec i7 6700k
Gtx 970 oc
16gb ram

Depending on the TV model there are image optimizer which can easily have like 40ms input lag. Usually there are settings like game mode present but can also be disabled manually to get a better response from the panel.
the less images are generated by your PC the more render time a TV or monitor will need to show the actual image (sub image)