Jan 20, 2020
I just received 2 brand new WD 8TB HDD today. I put them in my external enclosure and it picked up both drives and that they needed to be formatted. I formatted the drives and tried to create a pool with them. It failed and with a 0x00000032 error or whatever the MS error is. I Tried device manager and disabling and enabling the drives, but still only one drive showed up, both are listed in device manager but only one in disk management. Tried to go to diskpart to see if the disk was there and it also wasn't listed there either except one. Whenever i disconnect one drive the other one will no longer show even though the 2nd drive itself isn't showing anywhere but disk management. When i used WD software to look at the drives they both show up and show that they are 7.26 TB big and are formatted and will even allow the formatting of the drives themselves. I've tried some different letters but still getting only 1 to show everywhere. I'm at the point where I'm confused on why they were showing it failed as a pool, will list 2 drives but only show 1 even after multiple formats and disabling and enabling drives. Any help would be appreciated. I should also note if i take the drives out of the external enclosure and try sata cables they do not show up, I've only been able to get them to show in the external enclosure

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020
Remove drives from pool and delete pool.
Repartition drives, format and assign drive letters.

You should never put external drives in pool.
Use them as separate drives. Better to avoid windows storage spaces altogether.
I tried removing the one drive and it gave me an error stating " Can't remove the drive from the pool" Drive could not be removed because not all data could be reallocated. Add an additional drive to this pool and reattempt this operation.. These drives are blank