Question Two different Intel Series chipset families ?

Aug 14, 2019
Apologies in advance if I'm posting in the wrong channel. I'm new to this whole thing!

So I'm recently having issues with a capture card audio crackling and popping and a couple different games crashing at random times. I haven't yet been able to find a fix and I just recently updated all of my drivers. When I open up Device Manager I notice that my "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" driver is an Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller but when I go down to "System devices" the Chipset Family drivers for LPC, PCI Express, PMC, etc. are all Intel(R) 200 Series Chipset Family drivers.

Is this normal? I downloaded the drivers directly from ASUS's website under the Windows 10 64-bit Drivers and Tools section for my specific Motherboard. On Intel's website it lists the z270 chipset for Intel(R) 200 Series, not z370. Could this be an error on ASUS's part and should I try to find Intel(R) 300 Series Chipset Family Drivers for my LPC, PCI Express, PMC section?

https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/98457/intel-200-series-chipsets.html
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/series/126380/intel-300-series-chipsets.html

My Rig:

Motherboard: Asus Prime z370-a II
CPU: i7-8700k
GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070
Ram: G.SKILL TridentZ 16GB DDR4 3200
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 G3, 80 Plus Gold 750W
SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 500GB

Aug 14, 2019
The issues are happening to devices plugged into the slots that are currently running on Intel(R) 200 Series chipset drivers. Every time I try to download the latest chipset driver from ASUS's website, it gives me 200 series drivers for those slots.

There is no error.

Overall, most of the changes to the Z370 chipset are relatively minor. Obviously the support for the new Coffee Lake-S CPUs is a very big deal, but the odd thing is that for whatever reason Intel decided not to change the physical socket from LGA-1151. This means that you can install a Coffee Lake-S CPU into a Z270 motherboard without the need of a hammer and everything will appear to be correct - only the system will never actually be able to POST or operate correctly.

Besides support for Coffee Lake-S CPUs, the only major changes made are the native support for USB 3.1 and support for PCIe RAID. This may be disappointing for those that were hoping for some cool new technology.