Question Two NH-D15 on a vertical ASRock - EP2C602-4L/D16 and all RAM sticks in

Mar 5, 2019
Hi, new forum member here.

I currently have the following workstation: ASRock - EP2C602-4L/D16 motherboard, with 2 Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2 cpus and 16 RAM memory sticks Samsung Memory 16GB DDR3 1600 and I am looking for two new CPU coolers. The machine is built into a Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower (hence, it's a vertical mount).

My dream would be to use two Noctua NH-D15, since I worked with it in the past and it's the best cooler I have ever seen. However, I can't figure it out whether:
(1) the two NH-D15 would fit with all the 16 memory slots filled
(2) it wouldn't be too heavy for a vertical mount

My impression about (1) is that it would fit, because one could put the cooler point upwards and, as shown here, the front cooler could be extra-lifted to fit RAM sticks. Surely, that requires extra 32mm of height space, but it looks like the Phanteks case fit it. My impression about (2) is that it wouldn't be too heavy since the ASRock motherboard is bigger than the usual desktop MB.

Thanks a lot!

Lutfij

Titan
IMHO, you should be looking at AIO's to cool both the CPU's. Would open up the socket area and improve airflow across the sockets. Tower style coolers often have no airflow under the area where the cooler's fin arrangements end.

I've changed your thread title to be as concise as possible. If you've got all the information in the thread's title, what's the point of having a thread's body?

Mar 5, 2019
IMHO, you should be looking at AIO's to cool both the CPU's. Would open up the socket area and improve airflow across the sockets. Tower style coolers often have no airflow under the area where the cooler's fin arrangements end.

I've changed your thread title to be as concise as possible. If you've got all the information in the thread's title, what's the point of having a thread's body?

Never worked with AIO coolers. In principle, nothing against. My impression is that in my MB and with my case, the fans of the AIO coolers would likely have to be mounted on the top of the case, which I dislike. I rather have two top fans pullin hot air out than pushing cold air in. I think I would still prefer a smaller version of a air-based Noctua cooler if the Noctua NH-D15 does not or is too heavy for my purposes.

(I like your edit to the question title, I just added a piece of info that I think is relevant and shouldn't be dropped out)