[SOLVED] Type4 24pin Atx

Oct 17, 2020
Hi,

Building my PC and im running into an issue with what I think is the PSU ( Corsair HTX 750 Platinum). I've hooked the PSU cables to the motherboard correctly (ASRock B550M), hooked up the front panel cables correctly and I get nothing, here's the catch. As im hooking up the 24pin I get a surge of power going to the components (fans turn on, MB lights come on, Power LED on, CPU fan on) the second I full snap the 24 pin into place in the MB I get nothing. No Power LED, no response when I turn on the Power Button. I didn't originally have the PSU on when connecting but im in troubleshoot mode now. I've returned the MB and received the replacement and i am still having the same issue. My question would be do you think its the PSU (even though power is getting to the mb, fans, front panel when the 24pin is loseley in) or is it the 24pin itself? I was going to do the paperclip test but I have no green cable and all the tutorials say to find the green cable. Any help would be great. Thanks

Oct 17, 2020
Hooked up the psu (htx 750 platinum) to my MB (B550M) with no response to anything (fans,mb,front panel etc..) here's the catch: When I plug the 24pin into the motherboard losely I get a surge of power to everything (mb,leds,fans etc) but when I fully click the 24pin into place everything is unresponsive. I returned the MB and received the replacement and still have the same issue. Im guessing its either the PSU or the Cable. Can't do the paperclip test as all the tutorials say to find the green cable but I mine are all black. Any help would be great. Thanks

Hi,

Building my PC and im running into an issue with what I think is the PSU ( Corsair HTX 750 Platinum). I've hooked the PSU cables to the motherboard correctly (ASRock B550M), hooked up the front panel cables correctly and I get nothing, here's the catch. As im hooking up the 24pin I get a surge of power going to the components (fans turn on, MB lights come on, Power LED on, CPU fan on) the second I full snap the 24 pin into place in the MB I get nothing. No Power LED, no response when I turn on the Power Button. I didn't originally have the PSU on when connecting but im in troubleshoot mode now. I've returned the MB and received the replacement and i am still having the same issue. My question would be do you think its the PSU (even though power is getting to the mb, fans, front panel when the 24pin is loseley in) or is it the 24pin itself? I was going to do the paperclip test but I have no green cable and all the tutorials say to find the green cable. Any help would be great. Thanks

Reading this it sounds like you have the power running to the system as you are connecting it to the motherboard? That is not a good idea at all.

Is this the first computer you built? Are all the stand-offs in place for the motherboard? Double-check the connections to case and power supply? Check the CPU for any issues? You may want someone experienced with computers look it over with you to check the work also.