Types of RAM

MarchingDelta

Reputable
Nov 23, 2015
So, I was looking to buy more RAM for my tower, and got confused after reading all of the numbers. I know the PC-5300F-555-11 is the type of RAM (PC2) but what's the F? Does that mean that it is an ECC type?

The rest f the numbers are
DDR2-667, CL5, ROHS

Solution
"F" means the memory is fully buffered, and it also includes ECC function as well.

DDR2-667, means the memory is a "DDR2" type memory module with 240 pins and runs at 1.8 Volts, and operates at a frequency of 667 MHz.

CL5, means the "CAS Latency" rating of the module at its rated frequency of 667 MHz.

"ROHS" means Restriction Of Hazardous Substances; which indicates no toxic materials used in the module (ie lead free in particular).
"F" means the memory is fully buffered, and it also includes ECC function as well.

DDR2-667, means the memory is a "DDR2" type memory module with 240 pins and runs at 1.8 Volts, and operates at a frequency of 667 MHz.

CL5, means the "CAS Latency" rating of the module at its rated frequency of 667 MHz.

"ROHS" means Restriction Of Hazardous Substances; which indicates no toxic materials used in the module (ie lead free in particular).

Solution