Discussion Typing in Facebook lags bad and solution

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017

[Moderator note: Moving post from Apps and Software to Opinions and Experiences. More applicable for discussion purposes.]

Guess this is the best place to put this. Just found out something and figured post it here in case others have same issue. For a while, whenever I would type in Facebook, whether it be a post or in marketplace or just doing a search, it would lag real bad. It wasn't all the time, it was hit or miss. This was only happening in facebook. This was on a windows 11 desktop using firefox browser. Figured out it was the adblocker I am using. As soon as I paused the adblocker, started working fine. I am using adblock. Not sure if this is common for all types of adblockers or only happens with adblock. Now I am wondering why adblock is causing this on facebook and only facebook.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try another Adblock extension, they all work the same way more or less, so you should use one with low resource requirements because most of lags happen when the CPU is too busy.

Weathered

Honorable
Aug 2, 2017
Try another Adblock extension, they all work the same way more or less, so you should use one with low resource requirements because most of lags happen when the CPU is too busy.
Will try another one and see if it happens again. Didn't check cpu usage when this happened. But doesn't seem like that would be the case since it only happened in facebook and no where else. andwas only when typing, scrolling was fine.
Try Ghostery for Firefox.
Blocks tracking cookies and adds/pics with tracking cookies embedded.
Will check that out.

JeffreyP55

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2015
[Moderator note: Moving post from Apps and Software to Opinions and Experiences. More applicable for discussion purposes.]

Guess this is the best place to put this. Just found out something and figured post it here in case others have same issue. For a while, whenever I would type in Facebook, whether it be a post or in marketplace or just doing a search, it would lag real bad. It wasn't all the time, it was hit or miss. This was only happening in facebook. This was on a windows 11 desktop using firefox browser. Figured out it was the adblocker I am using. As soon as I paused the adblocker, started working fine. I am using adblock. Not sure if this is common for all types of adblockers or only happens with adblock. Now I am wondering why adblock is causing this on facebook and only facebook.
Adblock ultimate, Ghostery and Facebook container which stops FB trackers.