G

I have Asus P3B-F motherboard that doesn't have UATA 100 support but I've purchased IBM HDD 45GB with UATA100 and I want to buy some controller for it. Any advice which is best for good price?
The second question - can I use my older IBM with 15GB but only on UATA 33 for any RAID stripping if capacities and possible access speeds are different?

Thanks much

G

>>>I have Asus P3B-F motherboard that doesn't have UATA 100 support but I've purchased IBM HDD 45GB with UATA100 and I want to buy some controller for it. Any advice which is best for good price? <<<

Promise or Abit.. There are some other manufacturers of ATA100 cards, but most people probably use the Promise. I've used the Abit and the Promise on that motherboard with no problems.

>>>The second question - can I use my older IBM with 15GB but only on UATA 33 for any RAID stripping if capacities and possible access speeds are different?<<<

You could but mating it with your new 45G would truncate 30G of it, and there would be no performance benefit (the performance would actually be worse). If you have another drive you want to mate it with that's similar in size, you could run the 45G on one channel and do the other two in RAID 0 or JBOD on the second channel.

***Hey I run Intel... but let's get real***