Ubisoft Can Troll, Pokes At Pirates For Far Cry 4 FOV Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormyIV

Honorable
Aug 10, 2013
The FOV is fine until I take over a radio tower and it resets to 60 or whatever the default is. I have to reload my save to fix it. Anyone else having this problem?

Merry_Blind

Reputable
Jul 10, 2014
Nice poke from Ubisoft, but at the same time, they really deserve to have their games pirated. Sure Far Cry 4 seems like a fine release contrary to Unity, but at this point they shouldn't even be surprised that people pirate their games.

It's one of the only time I actually wish I had a Twitter account just tell them exactly that in response to that tweet...

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
Far Cry 4 Has been 100% BUG FREE for me on PC. I have never had any crash's or glitches. Now Unity on the other hand, was littered with bugs and had me chasing down all sorts of things in my system thinking i had a bad hard drive and what not.

what has steam -uplay- origin done for pc games ?? nothing all you get eith them is there access to your hard drive thats it .. did pc games need them before ?? no was there a issue with that ?? no .. did it stop cheats?? no .. did it stop Pirates ? no.. was I not able to get updates and patches before ?? yes ,, did I get to play on servers or run my own server?? yes .. did I have the full ready to load and play game fully on the disk with out the need of them 3ed party's or internet ?? yes so where is any benefit from having them installed just to load or play a bug ridden crap game ???

all I see from these mandatory steam type clients is that get access to your hard drive and as in steams eula ''with out limitations'' that means you can stop them for what ever they want to do to your system ... and each time you go online don't think ther right there waiting to ping in to you weather your playing or not.. you lost control to them .. and don't forget you pay them for this to boot...

Only those who like you have not paid for the game according to Ubisoft it seems, so get your wallet out.

BlankInsanity

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
funny for Ubisoft to say this, its companies like them that force people to pirate, atleast those who 'try before you buy' . They hardly give support to PC players, shown as a clear example to the never fixed bugs from their previous PC games however they are more the willing to fix the console variant. They should atleast do something like what Origin did, pay for the game, don't like it? get a refund.

boanerges57

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
hey surphninja

"...You pirated the game.

Or tried to play without an online connection. How dare you?"

It was patched upon release - you clearly have an internet connection so since you can update if you got your copy legitimately you may pack up your righteous indignation. Plus he mentioned ONLINE

a1r

Reputable
Aug 6, 2014
So Ubisoft calls pirates on pirating, people get upset. Ubisoft lumps people that crack legally owned games to play offline into the pirate category. What else is new? Ubisoft titles suck because of (too many bugs), (abusive drm), etc.

Great! You have an opinion. So why are you still buying products from Ubisoft to begin with? You keep buying, they keep pulling the same shenanigans and they aren't going to stop doing it. Doesn't matter how much you scream if you're still paying them money. Pirates will pirate. Doesn't mean you have to support Ubisoft by either pirating nor legally purchasing. Vote with your wallet not with your keyboard because no one is going to listen to take anyone seriously when they say X sucks and turning around and still giving X money for the next shiny!

shadowrowan

Reputable
Nov 21, 2014
I'm amused at how this article and Ubisoft's PR guy seem to think pirated games don't get patches too. Even though Farcry4 leaked 3 days before official release, and seemed to be largely unplayable because of it, the day 1 patch was out and cracked that same day for piraters. So, not sure if the people complaining are bad at pirating or if Ubisoft is taking a free swing at their own faults at the pirates expense.

Either way, think Ubisoft kinda failed their troll attempt. What with their attempt at DRM years ago, people who pay usually get the short end of the stick. Oh, and this article on Tom's Hardware needed better research.

funguseater

Distinguished
What a degenerate company. I remember when games were completed and passed QC before being shipped to storefronts across the country. The reason the games were so polished and the extra time taken was because there was only the painfully slow dial up modems, hardly no internet access and consequently no patches. You wanted a patch or new content, you release a new CD-Rom/3.5/5.25/8 Disk which becomes more expensive than releasing a finished game.

Producers are just lazy and greedy now, take the cash as soon as they can and fix the game later.

syntaxvgm

Reputable
Aug 14, 2014
1. Reviewers didn't have the day one patch if they got their review code days before day one.
2. Updates were failing to download all day yesterday.
3. Only stupid pirates would be complaining about this that didn't bother updating their cracked game.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
Nice poke from Ubisoft, but at the same time, they really deserve to have their games pirated. Sure Far Cry 4 seems like a fine release contrary to Unity, but at this point they shouldn't even be surprised that people pirate their games.

It's one of the only time I actually wish I had a Twitter account just tell them exactly that in response to that tweet...

Yes because your argument clearly provides a valid reason on why people should steal just to entertain themselves.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
"Nice poke from Ubisoft, but at the same time, they really deserve to have their games pirated. "

No, no they DO NOT deserve to have the game pirated. YOU and others do not have ANY reason at all to pirate and STEAL someone else's hard work. The answer, if you do not agree with the DRM, is to NOT buy or play the game. We are NOT entitled to anything unless it is free or we pay for it.

P.s. This is from someone that WILL get what he can for free but at least I know the difference and admit that what I'm doing is WRONG

billgatez

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2012
This guy thinks he has made fun of the people who Pirated the game.
When all he has really done is inform them that there has been a patch to fix the FOV problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.