Ubisoft Shows Far Cry 4, The Division and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
It is a decent lineup, but the division is essentially a rental with an unknown time limit.
Since it has no offline capability, and is run like an MMO but with no ongoing fees (instead a high initial asking price), once the game sells all it is going to sell, or sales die down to a point where it is no longer profitable to keep the servers running, the company will make plans to shut the servers down, thus making the game you spent $60 on, a digital paperweight. This is the same with destiny, it relies on a profit motivated company keeping expensive dedicated servers up and running for the game to work.

s997863

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2007
If they allowed gameplay on the show floor, I'd tear apart their oh-so-glorious FPS demos by standing around in 1 place while repeated scripted explosions rack the skyboxes around me & looping NPC chatter gets old, and tippy-toe back & forth to expose the lines triggering scripted events like a floor collapsing just in front of me, and then I'd run for minutes into every invisilbe wall of this open world corridor while my NPCs yell to move forward, and I'd fire on the friendlies which the game either won't allow or fail me for doing so. \n
In the Division, I'd play a total jerk, keep trying to break the game & mess with everyone friend or foe, and talk in incomprehensible slang & annoying voice/accent, as I'd expect to find in the real world outside this staged demo, and then proceed to do the same "open world" tests as with the FPS above. For the more 'cinematic' games, I'd fail every quicktime event and see if it makes any difference at all.

SessouXFX

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2011
UBIsoft really needs a wake up call. the whole company seems delusional about their products. And while they seem to have a good looking line up, if the game itself performs like crap, it doesn't matter how much hype they pump out. Word of mouth online is a beast you can't slay very easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.