Ubisoft's DRM Currently Winning Against Pirates

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
LMAO.. Ya, and I'm sure they have a repack/fixed crack up in no time. DRM is stupid, and how ubi even thinks otherwise is beyond me. DRM turns honest people into pirates not deter them.

Jaseball

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Most of the people doing cracks most likely have little interest in the actual game or playing it. It's the challenge and making 'the man,' look like an idiot by breaking supposed security quickly.

I personally believe in supporting game developers and artists and buy my software, pay 99 cents for a song download, and keep things legitimate, but I won't support Ubi's new DRM scheme.

It's tiring enough to bring game disks with me for single player, but being restricted by having to have an internet connection is just too much. What if I am on a plane? In a remote vacation spot? In a hotel that charges $15 for wireless access?

The entire point of paying for a game is to play it at my convenience and while I don't believe in piracy I do agree that this sort of DRM harms consumers like me and actually encourages more piracy, but Ubi has probably taken this into consideration and doesn't care.

Thankfully I thought Assassin's Creed, while smooth and nice looking was pretty boring and repetitive and never planned on getting AC2.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I remember there were problems with L4D2 but I bought it because I wanted to play it online. Long story short, total utter waste of money.

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
..."Thankfully, Ubisoft appears to be making it a little easier on paying customers."...

I don't know what you're smoking, Marcus, but I want some of that...

sunzeal

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
why buy original and use a crack! ubisoft needs to understand situation of the gamers. Not all of em has good net. Well they will suffer lot for this.

G

The Assassins creed 2 crack was non "scene" certified. Once a proper "scene" release comes out the DRM will have been fully purged from the game.

Wolygon

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
I cannot get line internet to my house except Dial-up witch costs 50c an hour. So why am I going to buy this game so that I have to pay while I play, I will never buy this game.

Piracy is not impossible to beat its just a competitor which is very competitive, piracy is good as games have to be good and not screw the customer to compete with it. This should give gamers better games but instead the studios are morons and just put more and more DRM on. Good luck with that, I know I will pirate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.