Question I'm unable to access the BIOS ?

Jun 1, 2024
Hi, so like couple weeks ago i wanted to update my bios, i did everything right and when the update was installing, my pc did not turn off or anything like that.

After that update, i'm unable to access bios but i can still access my pc normally.

I've tried to gain access to bios again by removing the battery for some time and putting it back in, i tried that multiple times, still wasn't able to get access.

Then i tried to gain access through that clr_cmos wire method or however you may call it, i tried that also multiple times and still nothing.

So yeah i been basically trying to find answers or help in general about it.

I should have Lenovo B550 something motherboard, since i have a LENOVO T5 26AMR5 prebuilt pc.

Colif

Win 11 Master
which version of windows is it?

WIn 10: go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup ,click restart now

Win 11: go to settings/system/recovery
Next to advanced startup, click restart now

Both lead to same menu
  1. Choose Troubleshoot
  2. Choose Advanced
  3. Choose UEFI Firmware Interface

PC should restart you in the BIOS

Jun 1, 2024
which version of windows is it?

WIn 10: go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup ,click restart now

Win 11: go to settings/system/recovery
Next to advanced startup, click restart now

Both lead to same menu
  1. Choose Troubleshoot
  2. Choose Advanced
  3. Choose UEFI Firmware Interface

PC should restart you in the BIOS
So i just tried that, even though i've tried that before and i forgot to mention that. But i did exactly like you said i should on win 11, and i won't even see uefi option there, i had the same issue also before.

The only time i saw that option was when i removed the cmos battery, and after plugging it back in i saw that uefi option, but it did nothing but restart my pc.

And after that restart that uefi option was gone again.

Colif

Win 11 Master
thats odd. I can see it won't be there in a Legacy system that doesn't have UEFI but your system too new for that.

how did you update BIOS? inside windows?
have you run windows update and checked for optional updates?

There used to be another way. tried a restart and hold down F1 as it restarts to see if you can get in?

I assume this is you: link

have you tried the lenovo forums? they seem to be pretty fast over there.
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/English-Community/ct-p/Community-EN

Jun 1, 2024
thats odd. I can see it won't be there in a Legacy system that doesn't have UEFI but your system too new for that.

how did you update BIOS? inside windows?
have you run windows update and checked for optional updates?

There used to be another way. tried a restart and hold down F1 as it restarts to see if you can get in?

I assume this is you: link

have you tried the lenovo forums? they seem to be pretty fast over there.
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/English-Community/ct-p/Community-EN
Well i updated the bios through lenovo website, i downloaded the latest bios ver from there.

Yeah i ran that windows update thing couple of times, there was only like windows update itself and nvidia update, nothing else.

I've tried F1, F2, F10 & F12 i think, and still nothing, it keeps acting the same way.

Yep that's me in reddit, haven't checked there a while.

I'm going to give a try in lenovo forums also just in case.

TRENDING THREADS