Unable to boot Win XP, no boot menu

Hi, my pc used to be able to dual boot Win 98SE and Win XP. Yesterday
something went wrong and the computer just shows a blinking cursor. So I
boot up with a Win 98 boot disk and did a:\sys c:. Now I can boot up but
always boot up in Win 98. There is no more the boot menu for me to
choose Win XP.

Plse help!

Thanks!

-hung khee hua

Hi,

You overwrote the WinXP bootloader with 9x code when you did the SYS C:.
Boot your WinXP CD, enter the Recovery Console by hitting "r", from the
command prompt run fixboot. If Win98 does not show in the menu afterwards,
rerun the Recovery Console and run bootcfg /rebuild as well.

HOW TO: Install and Use the Recovery Console in Windows XP [Q307654]
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307654

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/