Nooved

Honorable
Dec 31, 2016
So, spent all night and this entire morning trying to get the desktop I built yesterday to boot with UEFI Bios. I have a SSD from my old desktop with Windows 10 Pro installed and when plugging it into the new desktop, it works fine and boots as normal. My new SSD is also discovered in bios and has been partitioned as it should. However, when downloading a Windows media creation tool onto a USB and formating it with Rufus to be a bootable UEFI usb drive, I get into windows setup and can start a new windows setup which seems to work fine. The WIndows install finishes and automatically reboots the system upon completion. However, when the system reboots, it just enters windows setup again. I turn off the system from windows setup and unplug the bootable USB drive and the system refuses to boot. I get sent into BIOS every time. The M.2 SSD does not get recognized as a bootable UEFI device even tho formatted as a GPT drive and is partitioned correcly.

How do I move forward from this? Anyone that has had the same issue before and has been able to fix it?

The system works perfectly fine using legacy boot from my old SSD, but the boot time is HORRENDOUS and can take upwards of 10 minutes to boot...

Thanks in advance

TRENDING THREADS