Question Unable to Change iSCSI Port to Default (3260) [QNAP TS-673A]

Jan 25, 2022
I have an iSCSI target with a LUN that I use for VM storage (esxi 6.7). Last night we had a power outage and it took the NAS down for a moment (I know, should be on a UPS). When it came back up the datastore was no longer visible in esxi and any telnet tests against the iSCSI port 3260 failed.
After doing some digging I found that the interface it should have been using was no longer checked and enabled, so I enabled the interface and applied. However, in troubleshooting I also changed the service port to 3261, but now I'm unable to change it back. Any attempt to do so results in the following error:

Code:
Error    2022-07-13    09:08:59    admin    127.0.0.1    iSCSI & Fibre Channel    iSCSI & Fibre Channel    [iSCSI & Fibre Channel] Failed to change iSCSI and FC service setting.

However, a few seconds after the error I receive an informational event stating that the iSCSI target service was started on "3260"

Code:
Information    2022-07-13    09:09:04    admin    127.0.0.1    iSCSI & Fibre Channel    iSCSI    [iSCSI & Fibre Channel] Started iSCSI target service on port "3260".

but if I go back into the iSCSI configuration menu the port is still set to and responding on 3261.
I've tried restarting, stopping/starting the service, making sure my firmware is up-to-date. Any suggestions?

Jan 25, 2022
In the end I had to do a system reset which, while not setting the iSCSI service port back to 3260 did not error out when I attempted to change it myself this time.

Hope this helps someone in the future