Unable to Connect to internet

dkmaster820

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012
i recently build a new gaming pc from newegg and after i built it i installed windows 7 and then i continued to install all drivers on the disc and then...

when i opened up internet explored it says unable to connect to internet. even though i plugged in my internet cable from my router. the port doesn't light up or flash and the computer does not recongize the internet cable. when windows tried to diagnose the problem it said "windows did not detect a propwely installed network adapter.

when i went back to the cd for the drivers only "chipset" and "others" are lighting up while "vga" "LAN" "STORAGE" AND "Audio" are all grayed out which means i cant click it.

So i tried to browse Cd to manually install the driver and attempted to install the Realtek Ethernet Controller driver and it says " The Realtk Network Controller was not found. if Deep Sleep mode is enabled. Please Plug the Cable." and now im all out of ideas.

it could be the motherboard onboard Lan broken but i dunno how to find out.

or i have to buy a network card but i dunno if thats going to fix the problem.

not only that i have to fix the sound even though when i plug in my speakers in the right place it still dont recognize it.

im fuastrated and im all out of ideas. please shed some light on me

link to the new egg pc i bought: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.1068626

blastphemist

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012
If you open up the device manager (Start:rightclick Computer:properties:LeftColumn:Device Manager) do you see Network adapters listed, and if so are they enabled? Double click on them to find out. If you see yellow question marks, you are missing a driver. My personal first step in situations like these is to go to the mobo manufacturer website and download the latest driver for what ails you. Once you get online, then hit up that site for a driver-checker tool, so the rest of the drivers can be updated to the latest and greatest.

dkmaster820

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012

when i went to the BIOS and went to Advanced mainboard settings Onboard LAN configuration is grayed out and i dont know why. but Onboard LAN controller is enabled
LAN option ROM is disabled
Network stack is Disabled

Audio configuration is grayed out
HD Audio Controller is enabled

dkmaster820

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2012

when i went to device manager like you said i dont see a network adapter listed, but if i click "show hidden devices" i see the network adapters

then the drop down it listed WAN Miniport (IKEv2) WAN Miniport (IP) WAN Miniport (IPv6) WAN Miniport (L2TP)
WAN (Network monitor) (PPPOE) (PPTP) and (SSTP) and their is no yellow question marks on any of them