unable to connect

Hi. I wanted to work from my home on my office pc, however each time the
process got stuck and I got an error message refering to an unknown host
name. However at work I can run remote desktop between computers with no
problem, though not from work top home. Any suggestions as to why this is.
And if I ever get it running, how can I log onto my computer without being
in the office to give permission as with remote assistance.
Many THanks

Is the home PC behind a firewall/NAT/router? If so you need to open TCP Port 3389. Call using the
public IP of the firewall/NAT/router...

Its always possible your work network administrators have blocked TCP Port 3389 outbound. Check with
them about that issue...

By design the Novice must give the Expert permission to both view and access the Novice desktop when
using Remote Assistance. There in no work around to that...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Seba" <Seba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I wanted to work from my home on my office pc, however each time the
> process got stuck and I got an error message refering to an unknown host
> name. However at work I can run remote desktop between computers with no
> problem, though not from work top home. Any suggestions as to why this is.
> And if I ever get it running, how can I log onto my computer without being
> in the office to give permission as with remote assistance.
> Many THanks

Misread the post...I misread and thought you wanted to access your home PC from work.

The same advice stands though if you want to access your office/work PC from home using Remote
Desktop. If the office/work PC is behind a firewall/NAT/router then TCP Port 3389 needs to be open.
Contact your office/work network administrators for help with that issue...