Unable to connected to internet

joshev

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
with me i had the internet working fine on my computer wich is wired internet to my modem D-Link wireless router with four ethernet cable slots in the back so i decided to take my ps3 downstairs and i plugged it into the router with a spare ethernet cable and it was working fine then when i was done i plugged my ps3 out and put back upstairs and i tried to go on the internet on my computer but it wouldnt connect to the internet and as before on my modem the LAN slot 1 would light up a desktop screen on the modem but now theres nothing no lights or anything and my computer is saying its not connected to the modem wich it is connected through a ethernet cable the router came with please help.

TegGhola

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
Have you tried turning it off and on again?

My D-Link used to lock-up frequently, and I'd have to power cycle it to get it to snap out of it.

joshev

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
yeh thanks anyway i have had a look and i think its somthing to do with my computers ehternet cable slot

joshev

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
i have treid that but nothing i have took it to this person that i know that fix's computers he thinks its the ethernet port on my computer and thats what i think and i should have it back tomorrow thanks for the idea though