Question Unable to enter encryption password on boot up, after buying new keyboard

Mar 1, 2019
I bought a new gaming keyboard for my very old computer (10 years+). The model of gaming keyboard is "Scorpion K632" and when I enter my password for "TrueCrypt" encryption, it says incorrect password.

(Yes i know I need to use "Bitlocker" instead, because of the security flaws in Truecrypt).

I had numlock on when I created the password but with this keyboard the password doesn't work, but numlock is on.

I have tried everything i can think of, plus since I cannot log into my account, some options are unavailable to me and also the old keyboard is not working correctly, so I cannot use that keyboard.

The only option I see is buying Windows 10, but than I will lose ALL my files in the process. (Along with ALL the software, I will need to rebuy, most likely) I'm really in a bind here.

The desktop is a Compaq, AMD Athlon x4 3.00 GHz CPU, 8GB RAM, 2 GB Nvidia graphics card (The RAM and graphics card are upgraded from stock build) I do not know the exact model. (Since I cannot log in to find out)

(This is not a Truecrypt problem, although I need to log in to remove it and I do not have a rescue disc)

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Mar 1, 2019
I found out what the problem was, i was entering an old password, so the problem was incorrect password. I would delete this post but I don't know how. Derp xD

I found out what the problem was, i was entering an old password, so the problem was incorrect password. I would delete this post but I don't know how. Derp xD

Yep, unless the keyboard actually is not working, when a program tells you it's a wrong password, it's pretty much always a wrong password. In my 30 years in IT I have seen maybe twice when an actual valid password did not work, once during a corrupt encryption setup where it failed part way but encrypted some things, and another time with a few BlackBerry devices which was a known issue. This is true no matter how many times someone tells us "I know I am typing it in correctly" LOL Soon as we reset the password to something else, they can magically logon on.