Question Unable to install Windows 11 to a Z590-E motherboard. Unable to disable CSM. - SOLVED

Dec 17, 2021
I have a compatible motherboard that does support secure boot but am unable to disable CSM without my m.2 boot options disappearing. I am a beginner and might be making a silly mistake but I'd like some advice if possible. Appreciate your time and help!

What exactly are you trying to do there?

Are you trying to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 ?
Are you trying to boot from windows 11 install media and install windows 11 ?

What does that mean "my m.2 boot options disappearing" ?
If windows is installed in UEFI mode, then you only have Windows Boot Manager boot option.
If there is no windows installed (you're just trying to install it), then in UEFI mode there are no boot options at all (except boot from UEFI flash drive).
Those appear only after you have UEFI OS installed already.

You may want to show some screenshots (upload to imgur.com and post link).

Dec 17, 2021
What exactly are you trying to do there?

Are you trying to upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11 ?
Are you trying to boot from windows 11 install media and install windows 11 ?

What does that mean "my m.2 boot options disappearing" ?
If windows is installed in UEFI mode, then you only have Windows Boot Manager boot option.
If there is no windows installed (you're just trying to install it), then in UEFI mode there are no boot options at all (except boot from UEFI flash drive).
Those appear only after you have UEFI OS installed already.

You may want to show some screenshots (upload to imgur.com and post link).
Sorry. I have windows 10 on it currently. I have three drives on the computer. 1 m.2 500gb for the operation system 1 m.2 1tb for games and such and a SSD for storage. I was trying to install windows 11 on the computer but every time I go into the bios and disable CSM, my boot options disappear. As soon as I disable CSM it boots back into the Bios. I was trying to enable secure boot so I could upgrade to windows 11.
SFGwGQQ.jpg
D5dNd4A.jpg