Unable Ultra Fast Boot W8.1

trance4life

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
Hello,

my boot time is quit good with an SSD but i saw on Google that many have amazing boot times like 5s so can i make my PC boot like them?

i have an ASUS Hero Z97 mobo and an Adata SX900 SSD

and i have fast boot enable on the bios

Solution
I just wrote you a massive answer... then safari (I'm on an iPad at the moment) decided to have a coffee break, but the gist of it is this:

1. Some CPUs have better boot speeds than others
2. Some motherboards windows 8 fast boots seem to be better than others
3. Some SSDs are faster than others
4. Some cleaner installs will be faster
5. Some people enjoy liberally sprinkling things with hyperboles and sometimes even straight up lies.
6. Some people are lucky.

I currently only have high capacity hard drives in my build, but it's not the boot speeds that really excite me when it comes to ssds, it's the map load times. I couldn't give half a monkey about my boot speeds, as I tend to hibernate my computer (it's win 7) and I always press...

B3H1NDu

Reputable
Jul 19, 2014
I just wrote you a massive answer... then safari (I'm on an iPad at the moment) decided to have a coffee break, but the gist of it is this:

1. Some CPUs have better boot speeds than others
2. Some motherboards windows 8 fast boots seem to be better than others
3. Some SSDs are faster than others
4. Some cleaner installs will be faster
5. Some people enjoy liberally sprinkling things with hyperboles and sometimes even straight up lies.
6. Some people are lucky.

I currently only have high capacity hard drives in my build, but it's not the boot speeds that really excite me when it comes to ssds, it's the map load times. I couldn't give half a monkey about my boot speeds, as I tend to hibernate my computer (it's win 7) and I always press the on button, and go to get my drink fixed, and when I get back I've got a message from my mates and I'm ready to go. I really wouldn't be too phased, and If you really want those impossibly fast boot times, then the massive number of tutorials I'm sure are out there are probably going to be your best bet.

Good luck.

Solution

trance4life

Reputable
Aug 3, 2014
i have an ADATA SX900 and an i7 4790K

i had desable near all the startup programmes and i have a good boot up time around 20s more or less

How can i get Windows 8.1 to enable Ultra Fast Boot UEFI GOP?