Question Under €100 power supply for an RX 5700 XT

Nov 26, 2019
I have been looking at scores and benchmarks for way too long now and I need to decide which will I end up buying. I trying to figure out which is the best graphics card based on two criteria, performance at 1080p and 1440p (if possible in a game), and which will serve me longer, but all of the video comparisons and site comparisons I viewed got me a little bit confused as which is the best one for me.

Nov 26, 2019
Biggest difference I can really see is power draw. The RTX 2070 requires less power. Other than that its about a tie.

Both have 8GB of ram, and run within 1-2 frames for the most part.
But I have looked through so many videos and saw that the 5700 XT leads with sometimes 15 more fps. And on sites like UserBenchmark says that the RTX 2070 is better. That is why I'm confused

Nov 26, 2019
I think price is the main thing.

If priced the same the 2070 makes sense as it has rtx and draws less power for close performance.

But, the 5700xt sometimes is as much as $100 cheaper if not more, making it a better deal if you have a decent PSU and cooling.
I am aware that PSU usage and temperature increases on the 5700 XT, but correct me if I'm wrong, the GIGABYTE version of the 5700 XT should eliminate those problems a bit right?

Nov 26, 2019
They are so close you can look at other factors, tweaking 1 game setting is probably enough to get them equal. Do you have a G-Sync or Freesync monitor. What’s your PSU and cooling in your case like? What’s the price difference? Whichever you choose I’m sure it will work well.

I am considering the GIGABYTE version of the 5700XT for better cooling. I also don't have a good PSU, it is only 450W, but I found that it is just enough for the GIGABYTE version

I am considering the GIGABYTE version of the 5700XT for better cooling. I also don't have a good PSU, it is only 450W, but I found that it is just enough for the GIGABYTE version
The minimum I would use is a high quality 550w with any 5700XT, 450w is not enough. AMD recommend 600w which has some headroom for lessor quality units. I would also never use a poor quality PSU regardless of wattage rating. A bad PSU can reduce the life of other components or if it fails can kill other components.

Nov 26, 2019

DSzymborski

Titan

Sweet mother of mercy no. LC Power is one everyone's Do Not Buy list, right there in the circle of PSU Hell with brands like Raidmax, AcBel, Rocketfish, Diablotech, MS-Tech, etc. The cheapest Chinese parts thrown in a box, with just the barest done to pass an efficiency standard. If you read the specs, that PSU -- even if it were otherwise a quality one, which it isn't -- can't even do 400W on the +12 V rail.

That's not even the only whopper just on the label. They list "continuous" and "max" power, only getting the 450W in "max power." Rating PSUs by max power isn't actually a thing that anybody does, it's the continuous power that matters.

It would be like an investment adviser telling you how much money your portfolio will make by the time you're 150. Living to 150 isn't actually a thing, so while technically accurate, no ethical investment adviser will try to sell you on how wealthy you could be at age 150.

The Corsair CX PSUs (the modern ones, not the old ones with green letters) are usually the cheapest PSUs worth buying. When you're investing in a PSU to protect a $400 GPU, I wouldn't go anything less than an EVGA B2/G2/G3/P2/T2/GS, Corsair RM/RMx/TX/HX, SeaSonic Focus, Antec HCG Gold, etc.

JaAntonio

Honorable
BANNED
Nov 13, 2019
Sweet mother of mercy no. LC Power is one everyone's Do Not Buy list, right there in the circle of PSU Hell with brands like Raidmax, AcBel, Rocketfish, Diablotech, MS-Tech, etc. The cheapest Chinese parts thrown in a box, with just the barest done to pass an efficiency standard.

The Corsair CX PSUs (the modern ones, not the old ones with green letters) are usually the cheapest PSUs worth buying. When you're investing in a PSU to protect a $400 GPU, I wouldn't go anything less than an EVGA B2/G2/G3/P2/T2/GS, Corsair RM/RMx/TX/HX, SeaSonic Focus, Antec HCG Gold, etc.

What about EVGA BQ Series, they are worth buying? 750W-850W or so.

Nov 26, 2019
Sweet mother of mercy no. LC Power is one everyone's Do Not Buy list, right there in the circle of PSU Hell with brands like Raidmax, AcBel, Rocketfish, Diablotech, MS-Tech, etc. The cheapest Chinese parts thrown in a box, with just the barest done to pass an efficiency standard. If you read the specs, that PSU -- even if it were otherwise a quality one, which it isn't -- can't even do 400W on the +12 V rail.

Wow, didn't notice that my PSU was that bad, I was doing just fine using it. Looks like I'm in the market for another PSU now XD, any suggestions on something less than a €100, I'm kinda broke XD

DSzymborski

Titan
Which is the cheapest I can get away with?

What country are you in?

This is safety equipment after all. If you can't get a competent PSU for the 5700 XT/2700 Super, like buying a Lamborghini without being able to afford the car insurance, you don't have quite the budget saved up for one. This is the most important part of a PC.

Can certainly get you a quality one under 100 euros in most countries.

Nov 26, 2019
What country are you in?

This is safety equipment after all. If you can't get a competent PSU for the 5700 XT/2700 Super, like buying a Lamborghini without being able to afford the car insurance, you don't have quite the budget saved up for one. This is the most important part of a PC.

Can certainly get you a quality one under 100 euros in most countries.

I'm from Malta

Nov 26, 2019
Hi, I am looking for a new power supply to work with my PC

Pc Specs -
CPU - Core i5 8600k
CPU Cooler - CRYORIG H5 Universal
GPU - RX 5700 XT
RAM - 32 GB

I already found some power supplies under €100, but I am not sure if they are good quality and won't need to worry about damaging any of my components.

Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W Power Supply - €62
700W ThermalTake Smart RGB Fully Wired 80 PLUS White ATX Power Supply - €79
Corsair CX - Series CX650M 650 Watt - €79

Which one is the best, or is there anything else which is much better at that price point.

Hi, I am looking for a new power supply to work with my PC

Pc Specs -
CPU - Core i5 8600k
CPU Cooler - CRYORIG H5 Universal
GPU - RX 5700 XT
RAM - 32 GB

I already found some power supplies under €100, but I am not sure if they are good quality and won't need to worry about damaging any of my components.

Cooler Master MasterWatt Lite 600W Power Supply - €62
700W ThermalTake Smart RGB Fully Wired 80 PLUS White ATX Power Supply - €79
Corsair CX - Series CX650M 650 Watt - €79

Which one is the best, or is there anything else which is much better at that price point.
Of those the only one that is worth while is the Corsair CX. But at 79 Euro you can do a lot better for the extra 20ish Euros.

All of these are 80+ Gold or better rated PSU.
550W PSUs:
Good quality but semi modular.
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...d-semi-modular-atx-power-supply-cp-9020133-na

Highest quality and fully modular
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...d-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-550
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...ed-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-220-g3-0550

650W PSUs:
Highest quality and fully modular
https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product...d-fully-modular-atx-power-supply-focus-gx-650