Francis Philip

Honorable
Dec 30, 2015
So i undervolted my rx 570, but everytime i boot my pc it returns to default settinga. How do i keep my wattman settings when i boot.

I was using amd's radeon settings to undervolt

Solution
Yeah, THEN you can sacrifice performance in order to achieve your undervolt (since afterburner only does voltage offsets from the stock voltage/frequency curve).
WattMan allows you to manually adjust the P states so you can have your cake and eat it too. Oh, and it's already installed within the driver software so you don't need another 3rd party app sucking down background resources.

I dont have any performance drop with afterburner. I undervolt, test with furmark, valley - write down fps. Repeat till crash. Then go back to latest stable position.
Never saw FPS drops cuz undervolting.

Cheers
Yeah, THEN you can sacrifice performance in order to achieve your undervolt (since afterburner only does voltage offsets from the stock voltage/frequency curve).
WattMan allows you to manually adjust the P states so you can have your cake and eat it too. Oh, and it's already installed within the driver software so you don't need another 3rd party app sucking down background resources.

Reactions: Francis Philip

toniplavna

Reputable
Dec 4, 2016

I dont have any performance drop with afterburner. I undervolt, test with furmark, valley - write down fps. Repeat till crash. Then go back to latest stable position.
Never saw FPS drops cuz undervolting.

Cheers

Solution