Question Unending BSOD Nightmare...

Oct 26, 2022
Been building PCs for a long time and never seen anything like this. I'm at the end of my rope.

Built a computer for my brother about a year back and he has never really been able to use it because if incessant blue screens. I've looked at it a few times and thought I had the problem solved but never really did. I swear it's a different stop code every time, always within 5-10 minutes of turning it on. Here is a list of all the things I've tried:

Meticulously updated drivers for every piece of hardware and chipset. Multiple times
Completely removed Wifi card
Stress tested RAM
Swapped out different RAM
Swapped out Different GPU
Swapped out different Hard Drives (M.2 and SSD)
Reinstalled Windows multiple times. 10 and 11

At this point the only pieces of hardware I haven't swapped out are the CPU, Motherboard and PSU. I feel like the problem is probably the Motherboard but I don't know of any way to know for sure. I feel like it has to be a hardware problem

Colif

Win 11 Master
What are specs of the PC?

have you run memtest on ram?
run Prime 95 to check CPU, ram & psu?

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/prime95-download.html
Prime 95 Instructions - https://appuals.com/how-to-run-a-cpu-stress-test-using-prime95/

Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD

1. Open Windows File Explore
  2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump
  3. Copy the mini-dump files out onto your Desktop
  4. Do not use Winzip, use the built in facility in Windows
  5. Select those files on your Desktop, right click them and choose 'Send to' - Compressed (zipped) folder
  6. Upload the zip file to the Cloud (OneDrive, DropBox . . . etc.)
  7. Then post a link here to the zip file, so we can take a look for you . . .

I feel like the problem is probably the Motherboard but I don't know of any way to know for sure. I feel like it has to be a hardware problem
only way to know if its motherboard is check everything else works first, or swap all parts into a spare board... not many have second choice.