[SOLVED] Unexplained BSOD, cant Solve

Jul 24, 2020
I've been building PC's for a while, and I've never had this problem before. I can't seem to understand why or where the BSOD is happening or coming from. It usually occurs when I am gaming, although only certain games (with some exceptions to browsing the internet with 3 or less tabs open). I believe all the parts are compatible, and I will list them down below. Drivers should be up to date, only thing I couldnt do was use the CD that came with the motherboard, although I should have everything downloaded. Here is the mini dump I generated from the most recent BSOD. I am starting to believe its faulty hardware.

Here is a list of the extensive troubleshooting methods I've taken:

1. Changed the RAM slots
  2. Cleaned and reinstalled GPU drivers
  3. Downloaded DriverEasy, MSI Dragon Center to make sure everything is up to date
  4. Went into CMD as admin with /sfc scannow and nothing comes up
  5. Switched power management to high performance

The last thing is that, besides the PSU and HDD (which I wiped clean), everything is brand new. PSU I believe is 750W Gold

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lFxhmxhgdUfclPvyKqhovmjZP7x0VcNE/view?usp=sharing

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7
MOBO: MSI Tomahawk B450
RAM: 16gb (2 sticks) DDR4 3000mhz
GPU: MSI 2070 Super

Solution
Reinstall the driver's to, hopefully, eliminate that possibility. Doing so under your full control allows you to keep an eye on what is (or is not) happening.

That said, the 4 year old PSU is quite suspect. It may be nearing its designed EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter in some manner.

All the more so if the PSU's history includes heavy gaming, video work, or even bit-mining. Any activities demanding lots of power for lengthy periods of time.
Jul 24, 2020
You need more information.

Use Reliability History and Event Viewer to look for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to the BSODs.

Here is a link to an updated google drive that has screen shots of the recurring error messages. Hopefully this is more information for you
.https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1LtERCtqI-lTU42hUJqBzTYBfj7zLB8ug?usp=sharing

Ralston18

Titan
Seems to have been present to some degree before and up to July 18 or so which is when the errors really increase. Do you remember making any hardware or software changes at that time. Or maybe some update that was applied...

And what is that critical error that shows up on the 7th, 11th, 15th, and the 20th? Seems to be a time pattern.

Look at the corresponding warnings and informational events.

Anything to do with DriverEasy?

What make and model is the PSU?

The mix of errors makes me think that there is a power problem. Improper shutdowns are often the user needing to power off or otherwise reset the computer after a BSOD.

Do you use Windows Power button icon to shutdown and allow Windows to do its normal "housekeeping" functions before shutting down? I expect so but no harm in checking.

Power down, unplug, and open the case. Double check that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

If nothing is found then reinstall the drivers but do so manually.

Download via the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

Jul 24, 2020
Seems to have been present to some degree before and up to July 18 or so which is when the errors really increase. Do you remember making any hardware or software changes at that time. Or maybe some update that was applied...

And what is that critical error that shows up on the 7th, 11th, 15th, and the 20th? Seems to be a time pattern.

Look at the corresponding warnings and informational events.

Anything to do with DriverEasy?

What make and model is the PSU?

The mix of errors makes me think that there is a power problem. Improper shutdowns are often the user needing to power off or otherwise reset the computer after a BSOD.

Do you use Windows Power button icon to shutdown and allow Windows to do its normal "housekeeping" functions before shutting down? I expect so but no harm in checking.

Power down, unplug, and open the case. Double check that all cards, cables, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place.

If nothing is found then reinstall the drivers but do so manually.

Download via the applicable manufacturer's website. Reinstall and reconfigure.

First off, thanks again for the reply, I appreciate it.

I havent made any hardware or software changes to my knowledge since building the PC. The only thing ive done is just put the RAM in different slots, but that is it.

As for the time pattern, I am not exactly sure, there isn't anything standing out to me on those days.

DriverEasy, I don't think so. I was having the issues before installing DriverEasy.

The PSU is a Corsair HX 750 (from 2016)

If by Windows Power Button you mean just the bottom left corner and then the power Icon, then yes I usually use that to Sleep or Shut Down. As for the Housekeeping function, if its something thats Auto-enabled upon use of a windows system then yes, because I dont believe Ive changed that.

I will go back through and reinstall drivers again. Thank you

Ralston18

Titan
Reinstall the driver's to, hopefully, eliminate that possibility. Doing so under your full control allows you to keep an eye on what is (or is not) happening.

That said, the 4 year old PSU is quite suspect. It may be nearing its designed EOL (End of Life) and starting to falter in some manner.

All the more so if the PSU's history includes heavy gaming, video work, or even bit-mining. Any activities demanding lots of power for lengthy periods of time.

Reactions: nsmithnutrition
Solution
Jul 24, 2020

I ended up reinstalling the drivers, and I went out and got a 700W 80 Plus PSU. Now that I realize, the PSU was actually 6 years old, so that definitely could have been the problem. Even if it wasn't, I was meaning to upgrade it anyway. Hopefully this helps. Regardless, I really do appreciate your time and effort! Ill update you!