Question Unexplained, GPU usage instability, and serious lag [Please Help]

Jun 12, 2020
So before I give as much context as possible my specs are:

AMD FX8350
ASUS M5A98
GTX 960 (4GB)
8GB of Kingston ddr3 (unsure of clock)
And I also forgot the name of my PSU but it is reputable to say the least

(I'm aware these specs are poor however I never had these problems beforehand)

One day I decided to update my driver's as I wanted to see if I could get better performance

After updating my driver's I've started to have issues and lots of them. Ive been having large lag spikes both in frames and I think WiFi maybe too. I had absolutely none of these problems before I updated my driver's. I didn't know what previous graphics driver version of be using originally but tried using DDU to test out older drivers in an attempt to fix things to no success. I tried a fresh install of Windows and getting a new hard drive (I had disk at 100% at time during idle)

I neve once had any problems with my PC once before the driver update. And even after attempting to find my old driver and even a fresh install of Windows the problem persists. I also don't not play newer titles or even games that are quite graphically intense. This doesn't happen in every game and some are worse than others. For honor and Vernon tide 2 would be the main culprits but others too.

My GPU usage dips to around 20% when I get lag sometimes higher sometimes lower. I've used MSI afterburner to have little look at what may be the problem.

Some things that stood out to me are
CPU cores ocasionally spiking higher than 80

Ocasionally power dips when I lay yet this only happens in certain games. Also
Voltage limit going from 0 to 1? This is the strangest of the potential issues I saw.

Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you

Celavi

Prominent
Dec 26, 2019
So before I give as much context as possible my specs are:

AMD FX8350
ASUS M5A98
GTX 960 (4GB)
8GB of Kingston ddr3 (unsure of clock)
And I also forgot the name of my PSU but it is reputable to say the least

(I'm aware these specs are poor however I never had these problems beforehand)

One day I decided to update my driver's as I wanted to see if I could get better performance

After updating my driver's I've started to have issues and lots of them. Ive been having large lag spikes both in frames and I think WiFi maybe too. I had absolutely none of these problems before I updated my driver's. I didn't know what previous graphics driver version of be using originally but tried using DDU to test out older drivers in an attempt to fix things to no success. I tried a fresh install of Windows and getting a new hard drive (I had disk at 100% at time during idle)

I neve once had any problems with my PC once before the driver update. And even after attempting to find my old driver and even a fresh install of Windows the problem persists. I also don't not play newer titles or even games that are quite graphically intense. This doesn't happen in every game and some are worse than others. For honor and Vernon tide 2 would be the main culprits but others too.

My GPU usage dips to around 20% when I get lag sometimes higher sometimes lower. I've used MSI afterburner to have little look at what may be the problem.

Some things that stood out to me are
CPU cores ocasionally spiking higher than 80

Ocasionally power dips when I lay yet this only happens in certain games. Also
Voltage limit going from 0 to 1? This is the strangest of the potential issues I saw.

Any input would be greatly appreciated thank you
As you wrote, the problem may be that GPU is unstable. I don't know why (maybe voltage is not set right in BIOS) but not sure.
Did you download driver from original site? If you didn't it could be some virus but that's hard to believe, i think Nvidia still has drivers for your GPU.

Jun 12, 2020
As you wrote, the problem may be that GPU is unstable. I don't know why (maybe voltage is not set right in BIOS) but not sure.
Did you download driver from original site? If you didn't it could be some virus but that's hard to believe, i think Nvidia still has drivers for your GPU.

Thank you for the quick reply.
When I originally updated the drivers I did it directly through Geforce experience.
After using DDU to uninstall drivers I went onto Nvidias official website to get older drivers to experiment with.

Do you have any resources you could point me towards for the voltage in BIOS? I'd like to take a look at that but am unsure how to do this.