[SOLVED] Unformat windows 10 storage pool

m.figman

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
I accidentally formatted my windows 10 storage pool. How do I unformat the pool or recover the data. No software I have tried has been able to see data in the pool, only in individual drives, which is useless.

Solution
  1. Get an (external) drive the capacity of the pool;
  2. Download a Linux CD which can make image copies, like CloneZilla;
  3. Boot that CD, plug your external drive, and make image copies of your storage pool' drives.
  4. Disconnect the backup drive.
  5. Now, try whatever recovery tool you might find.

m.figman

Commendable
Sep 6, 2017
  1. Get an (external) drive the capacity of the pool;
  2. Download a Linux CD which can make image copies, like CloneZilla;
  3. Boot that CD, plug your external drive, and make image copies of your storage pool' drives.
  4. Disconnect the backup drive.
  5. Now, try whatever recovery tool you might find.
The storage pool is about 16 TB so that's not really an option without spending nearly a grand

DSzymborski

Titan
The storage pool is about 16 TB so that's not really an option without spending nearly a grand

Have you tried R-Undelete from https://www.r-tt.com/ ? People have reported recovering data from Storage Spaces with that.

Other than finding a software solution that works that you haven't tried, all your options are very expensive ones. The inexpensive option, unfortunately, was to have proper backups.

D

Deleted member 14196

Like I said send it to professionals or pay for the software but the professionals will probably be able to recover your files