Uninstall Windows 10 and go to Windows 7

sell91

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
Currently I'm on Windows 10 and I'm having issues running older games, how can I completely uninstall and remove Windows 10 and go to Windows 7? What are the steps I need to take to get a clean install of Windows 7? As a note, I've never had any other OS on my PC other than Windows 10. Thanks.

sell91

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Like I said, I've never had any other OS on my system other than Windows 10. I just built this PC a few days ago, installed Windows 10 on it and now I don't want to use Windows 10. I don't have that option you're talking about.

verify that you actually can get drivers for windows 7 for your hardware, many new motherboards don't support windows 7 anymore.
Insert windows 7 installation media
your hard disk might not be recognized due to missing drivers, if windows 7 drivers exist, this can be dealt with by installing them during windows 7 install.
delete all partitions on disk when asked where to install (be sure that it is the RIGHT hard disk, not your data/storage one)
install windows 7
type in windows 7 key when asked
get stumped because due to new parts, you might not HAVE drivers for windows 7 for them, the drivers might not exist.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
parker_307 assumed you upgraded because thats the only way of returning to Windows 7 if you had done an upgrade because you would have owned a license for Windows 7.

To have Windows 7, you will need to buy it and since Microsoft isn't selling keys for Windows 7 anymore, your best luck is Amazon.

If you do install Windows 7, you'll need to get on top of the updates that will eventually come and force you to upgrade to Win10. If you search Windows 7 prevent win10 from installing, you'll get the updates involved to block/hide.

he is right and i competley agree with him

sell91

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017
The only reason I wanted to go to Windows 7 is because I'm having a problem with getting Grand Theft Auto San Andreas to run. Whenever I install a ENB the game doesn't launch and nothing happens when I click it. The only way I can fix it is if I remove d3d9.dll from the game but then that means no ENB, at this point I don't know what to do. Windows 10 is [edited by mod]

id strongly recomend you dont use that language so you dont get banned

sell91

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Is English not allowed on this forum?

it is but the last part bd

sell91

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Only stating facts

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Well you know the situation with Win7. Win10 isn't that bad with newer software which is kind of the purpose of moving forward. Anyway dx12 games you'll want to keep win10 around, wouldn't be surprised if the up coming Farcry5 has Dx12 :)

Dual boot Win7 is a good suggestion from Phillip.

How much have you looked into fixes regarding GTA SA for Win10?

Have you played GTA5? If not, SA is good, but imo GTA 5 is much better :) Just saying, if you need a GTA fix Gta5 is um Phillip Industry grade quality =D

fdd288

Prominent
Jun 22, 2017
I did not read every post, but as soon as you mentioned a directx 9 component, I have a possible solution for you. Don't ask for details, because there are too many weird things with windows. However. A lot of compatibility issues with games can be fixed if you go to download.microsoft.com and search for 1 word -> directx then click on and download "DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)". Yes that is the correct version even for Windows 10. Don't ask me why, but all of the D3D9 drivers are correctly installed even though some games include the drivers, there seems to be some mismatch in installs. Also, if you use steam, you will notice that it always runs a DirectX install on many games. I found out it does not overwrite drivers when it does that, it custom installs it for all instances of all games. This issue should fix compatibility problems, but if you are worried, then please double check with someone (get a second opinion). The DirectX drivers in that package are the first thing I install on a new installation and they alway are made use of. Even on Windows 10 (Still prefer Win 7 though - had to get that in there).

sell91

Prominent
Mar 19, 2017

Thanks for the reply, I tried this a while ago and it didn't work.