Uninstalling Recent Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamingNinja007

Reputable
Jun 25, 2015
If I go to "Downloads" and delete files, is it the same as uninstalling recent files, or should I use a CCCleaner? Basically, I made the mistake of attempting to download Phantasy Star Online. After trying to download other files to fix multiple error codes, I have decided to remove all of it. I haven't had a PC in a long time, and I am running Windows 10 which may play into my confusion. Any advice? Also, I apologize if this posted twice. I cannot decide if I like the way the forums are laid out here, but I feel like this is the best area to ask my many computer related questions.

Solution
Yeah do a scan with CCleaner, never a bad thing. Maybe back up your registry first (hit Windows key and r, then type 'regedit'. Then once the registry opens, go to file > export and save it to your desktop or similar) just to be safe.

I believe Revo Uninstaller is also well thought of for getting rid of the remnants of uninstalled programmes
Yeah do a scan with CCleaner, never a bad thing. Maybe back up your registry first (hit Windows key and r, then type 'regedit'. Then once the registry opens, go to file > export and save it to your desktop or similar) just to be safe.

I believe Revo Uninstaller is also well thought of for getting rid of the remnants of uninstalled programmes

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.