Question Unknow cause of Stuttering

Mar 8, 2020
Alright guys I don't even know WHERE to start. Not all but most of my games have a stuttering problem. on average I would say that it stutters every second or so and its only for 2-5 frames, but its going from high fps to very low(ex, forza avg 170-220 dropping to 110 or below. CSGO has weirdly low fps anyways considering my specs but anywhere from avg of 180-220 down to 110-90) I had this issue start awhile ago, and i thought it was just lack of processing power to keep up with the 2080Ti as in some games both gpu and cpu were 100% so i upgraded to a new one, did a clean windows install on a brand new SSD and the issues still persists. any ideas on where i should start? ask as many questions as you like ive had this problem for months and just want to fix it!

PC SPECS: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6b9rq3

Additional random info
CSGO: both FPS and the SV will spike, SV will go from 2-5 up to 10-15 for a couple frames and then back down, which that is technically a server side thing so not sure what could cause that other than network issues but that doesnt seem to be the case. no reported packet loss for ping spikes to go with it.
DESTINY 2: only seems to do it in the character screen, and given my cpu usage is fine im not sure what is causing that one.
MINECRAFT(win 10 edition): yeah this one just doesnt even utilize my whole processor or half of it for that matter only hovers around 30% even with the chunk render distance cranked. which is a problem since my fps drops alot, and nothing tries to make up for it.
FORZA: seems slightly time based as the stuttering doesnt start until about 2 min into a race and then it gets worse over time. not to the point of unplayable it just gets worse for another min or two then levels out but still very annoying.

Mar 8, 2020
1)Cpu and gpu temps in game?

2)Hey, ~hey, that psu is not good at all considering your current pc setup.
gpu never hits more than 72 and processor usually sitting around 50ish, and psu is fine GPU pulls just under 300watts at full bore and CPU pulls like 140 at full bore, 440watts on a 750 80+? at 80% it can push 600 watts no problem

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
gpu never hits more than 72 and processor usually sitting around 50ish, and psu is fine GPU pulls just under 300watts at full bore and CPU pulls like 140 at full bore, 440watts on a 750 80+? at 80% it can push 600 watts no problem
Temps are fine, but...
Quality over quantity, mate. Those green lettered CXM models are known to be poor quality.
The psu is the most important part of a PC - not the cpu, not the gpu, and so on.
Yes, I know they look 'dull' and aren't very 'exciting' compared to the rest of the hardware, but too many times people are neglecting it over things like cpu and gpu, which are actually second-fiddle to it.

also how did you add your rig specs as a spoiler...... i wanna do that
Account > Signature.
To do a spoiler tag:
text or images here

Mar 8, 2020
Temps are fine, but...
Quality over quantity, mate. Those green lettered CXM models are known to be poor quality.
The psu is the most important part of a PC - not the cpu, not the gpu, and so on.
Yes, I know they look 'dull' and aren't very 'exciting' compared to the rest of the hardware, but too many times people are neglecting it over things like cpu and gpu, which are actually second-fiddle to it.

Account > Signature.
To do a spoiler tag:
text or images here
Oh i didnt know they had quality issues, and yeah i didnt skimp on it its several years old and i do want to upgrade it soon. Just to get something with more headroom than i have. PSU was originally bought for a $750 rig and at the time made sense. ANYWAYS so any other ideas as to my stuttering problem?

Mar 8, 2020
Drivers - gpu and motherboard drivers up to date?
3rd party software conflict, such as Corsair iCUE and Razer Synapse.
yup just installed them all yesterday gpu drivers as well as chipset and stuff. and i have ICUE installed but have not installed synapse since i reinstalled windows so thats not it.

Mar 8, 2020
I thought stuttering is when the fps drops to zero but you are saying it is when the fps drops to 110? Isn't it normal for the fps in a game to fluctuate between the minimum and maximum fps?
yes it is normal for it to fluctuate but if you stand still looking in the same spot you shouldnt have drops and also it is stuttering down to 0 but not for very long so its stuttering but still outputting around 60-100 fps sometimes lower. BUT i knows its a stutter because on my monitor it has freesync and if it drops out of its freesync range (i think its min is like 45 fps not sure) i get a change in brightness and every time i stutter i see the brightness change a little

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hmm, similar behavior with another user's build; hardware appears to be running fine, which makes me believe the hiccup is caused by drivers or software - something that has been overlooked.
Have you tried enabling Adaptive sync in Nvidia Control Panel? Don't forget to click Apply.

Ignore the bad score on the 4tb storage space HDD it thinks its an SSD when its and HDD
It's not because Windows has a default driver installed?

Mar 8, 2020
Hmm, similar behavior with another user's build; hardware appears to be running fine, which makes me believe the hiccup is caused by drivers or software - something that has been overlooked.
Have you tried enabling Adaptive sync in Nvidia Control Panel? Don't forget to click Apply.

It's not because Windows has a default driver installed?
yeah i enable the adaptive sync for the monitor even though its not g-sync i made it do its thing.(problem started before this monitor as well) and i would agree with you but my old system was on intel and it had the same problem and even after a CPU and mobo swap with a fresh install of windows on a new SSD the problem still persists. and no i know is UB fault because other times it tests as an HDD like this one https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/25287750