Question Unknown Device Missing Driver on my MSI Pro B650 VC Wifi

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Hello All

Recently completed installing updated Chipset drivers from My Motherboards Site, AMD Video Driver as well, and Updated UEFI Bios

So not sure how this driver still missing in my Device Manager, nor do i know what device it belongs to at this point

Did set with DDU to disable Driver updates from Windows update, should i have not done that?

Its in Other Devices area

PCIe Device

all the details i have at the moment

Lutfij

Titan
What OS are you working with?

I would've advised against installing chipset drivers off of your motherboard's site since the first place to source your chipset drivers for your MSI Pro B650 VC Wifi is off of AMD's support site, here, Chipets>AM5>B650>submit

You're advised to include the specs to your build ion the thread's body since sig space specs can and will change over time, rendering this thread and it's subsequent suggestion moot to the end user in the same boat as you're in at this moment of time.

You might want to also see if your BIOS is pending an update, then clear the CMOS once you've verified that the BIOS was flashed successfully to the latest version. Following that, disable the iGPU, that way you get ram allocated to the rest of your system instead of the iGPU. For the sake of relevance mentioning what your current BIOS version is would help us two fold.

What devices do you have hooked up to your USB ports?

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Ok specs are as follows

MSI Pro B650 VC WIfi Rev 1.0
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X
32GB TeamForce RGB DDR5 5600mhz
Radeon 7800XT
Kingston 1TB NVMe PCie 4.0 Boot drive
Samsung Sata 1TB Game SSD
Windows 11 Pro 24H2

Bios version 7D78v1G 2024-10-09 13.37 MB

Igpu has been disabled

I did load Bios defaults after the recent flash, and reconfigured a few of the settings, though a full clear cmos was not done, but i guess i could if still need to, i'd probably have to find spot to clear it possibly

Installed Chipset Drivers from Motherboard site as they were released on 9-30, and felt they were newer than ones on AMD's own site, but appears maybe i made a boo boo on that part, first AMD Ryzen based Desktop ever owned

Devices hooked up to USB Currently

7 Port USB 3.0 Hub
Logitech G502X Mouse
Logitech G513 Keyboard
Logitech G Pro X headset
APC Battery Backup

That should be it currently connected

*Wifi & Bluetooth built into Motherboard*

Hope isn't a too hard of a fix to fix this issue, i'm not really an expert on AMD based platform as yet, but learning as i go

Be easy fix if i knew what driver this pcie device needed

Update: Ok Got it fixed via Asking MS Co Pilot what the Hardware ID belonged to, and then pointed to where the AMD Chipset software was installed to, and no longer shows PCIe Device with a yellow exclamation point in Device Manager

((Not sure if proper fix, but guess temporary one for now til i find out what else to do on matter if anything))

Last edited: