Question Unknown lag source

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 19, 2020
Hello! Some of you may know me if you follow the CS:GO competitive scene as a semi-pro. Unfortunately, I had to take a break because of this problem. At the start I thought it was only CSGO related but it happens in Valorant as well. I've tried 4 different gaming mice, different mousepads, I got a new 240hz monitor, I sent the PC to get service checked from which I got it back fully functional. It's a dead end for me. The mouse doesn't move naturally. It feels like it gets dragged through mud. I have tried everything for the past 6 months and this could very much cost my future career if there could be any right now (unless I buy a fully new PC but I am not ready to spend $2000 more as mine currently is way beyond needed). Characteristics: I7 8700k, gtx 1060 6gb, 16gb ram, Asus strix 370 motherboard etc.) I just do not know what to do. Reinstalling windows doesn't help (tried it multiple times). I am open to any suggestions that you may have :) Thank you!

Jul 19, 2020
Cheers mate. Is this only affecting the mouse or the general feel of the computer itself?
It definitely affects the feel of the mouse. I can not really feel it when I am on desktop only as it feels smooth with 240hz but when I am ingame CS or Valorant ... It is awful. I wanted to make sure it wasn't my mind playing tricks on me so I invited a friend to come over that was an ex-teammate of mine and he felt the same thing.

FreeMan Alex

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
This one is odd indeed. Have you drivers installed? If so, have you uninstalled to see if any difference? Also, tell me this, are your games running smooth, looking past the mouse issue? I'm asking as a 1060 can struggle to perform at 240hz.
But yeah, give that mouse driver an uninstall and come back to us

Jul 19, 2020
This one is odd indeed. Have you drivers installed? If so, have you uninstalled to see if any difference? Also, tell me this, are your games running smooth, looking past the mouse issue? I'm asking as a 1060 can struggle to perform at 240hz.
But yeah, give that mouse driver an uninstall and come back to us
Yes, I have the nvidia drivers installed, as well as the new mouse drivers (used to use zowie but yesterday got a new logitech g hero mouse which came with the software).

I play CS with 400fps consistently so I do not think that's the issue.

FreeMan Alex

Honorable
Aug 27, 2014
Yes, I have the nvidia drivers installed, as well as the new mouse drivers (used to use zowie but yesterday got a new logitech g hero mouse which came with the software).
It's not the graphic card drivers I'm on about but the mouse driver/software.
Have a look in your Windows Control Panel and see if you've got previous mouse drivers/software still installed, if so, uninstall.
Also, uninstall the current mouse's driver/software that came with it. Test a game and see if any difference.

Jul 19, 2020
It's not the graphic card drivers I'm on about but the mouse driver/software.
Have a look in your Windows Control Panel and see if you've got previous mouse drivers/software still installed, if so, uninstall.
Also, uninstall the current mouse's driver/software that came with it. Test a game and see if any difference.
There was another HID-compliant mouse, other than my G Pro Gaming mouse driver in 'Devices and Printers', which I removed (It gets re-added after restarting the PC). Uninstalling the drivers as I know is from the device manager, am I right? I did that and re-plugged the usb port.

Edit: now in the Device Manager I have 3x HID-compliant mouse. Also, in the USB Controllers, an 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) appeared.

The problem still exists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS