[SOLVED] Unknown PSU? OEM?

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
I have this PSU I got from a friend. But it looks like an OEM-ish stuff. No sticker, no indicated manufacturer or brand something, even the wattage is unknown. I decided to plug it into my low power Athlon II setup and it's working like my friend said.

I just wanna know what it is so I could check the reliability of it. Looks salvaged from a well-known pre-built PC. The looks of it is just all metal casing no stickers at all.

NOTE: I don't really care if it'll blow up my system I plugged it on a low power setup since the wattage is unknown too, I trust my friend and it is fully working on his PC. My system is garbage anyways, just want to explore something I don't know.

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
If there are no stickers, good luck. You could take it apart and identify markings on the PCB, but this is risky and could even kill you.

If there are no stickers, good luck. You could take it apart and identify markings on the PCB, but this is risky and could even kill you.

No no no, i don't like opening PSU's that's why I'm here LOL. Dying from the hands of a PSU might be the worst thing to hear.

Seems like we got no other option? Any other way to tell the wattage atleast?

madartzgraphics

Reputable
Jun 29, 2019
What's your point?
Are you gonna use it?
Go for it

Currently in use on my second computer. My point really isn't about knowing the brand (best if possible), the wattage atleast.

Is there a UL data plate on the psu?

Can you post a photo or something?
I am not a mind reader and "this" psu does not mean anything to me.

Sorry about that, currently at work. Will post one. But none, I believe. Just all metal. I guess we don't have any other option for that.