Upcoming PC build question

alucard214

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
Hoping that within the next 2 weeks I can finally start getting the parts to get my first real gaming computer. Currently struggle on a 950gtx with a amd 6350 and dying hard drive. My question is I got a 29 inch lg ultrawide 2560x1080 60hz monitor for Christmas last year. I am not sure how much GPU horsepower I need to max pretty much any currently released game and future proof for games such as cyberpunk. I am also in a toss up between a ryzen 7 2700x or a I7 8700 though I plan to almost no overclocking. I will likely be using NZXT bld service due to severe disability the nerves in my hands and arms are shot and tend to shake I also have trouble with moving things around. So I will likely have to opt into having someone build it for me.

Solution
For that resolution I'd opt for at least the 1050 ti however you'd be better off with the RX 570 or RX 580 as that monitor should support Freesync and the RX 570/580 is much better then the 1050 ti. For the CPU both the 2700X/8700 is way more then you need, the 8400 (at $200 or less) is a great non overclocking CPU that can easily handle that resolution and higher when paired with a good GPU.

NZXT does warranty there service so it's a good choice if your unable to do the work yourself.

fredfinks

Honorable
Game like cyberpunk its hard to quantify, we dont even have a release date. even a year of release.
that wildlands game even brings a 1080ti below 60 at 1440p. (granted your monitor is less that 1440p but its not too far off)

Gaming is all about the GPU and i suggest getting a 1080 minimum. preferably ti. 2nd hand if you have to.
If you go that way, can you get the system built but get a friend /relative to install the gpu? its easy.

WildCard999

Titan
For that resolution I'd opt for at least the 1050 ti however you'd be better off with the RX 570 or RX 580 as that monitor should support Freesync and the RX 570/580 is much better then the 1050 ti. For the CPU both the 2700X/8700 is way more then you need, the 8400 (at $200 or less) is a great non overclocking CPU that can easily handle that resolution and higher when paired with a good GPU.

NZXT does warranty there service so it's a good choice if your unable to do the work yourself.

Solution
GPU wise you will want a RX580 8GB or better from AMD or GTX 1060 6GB or better from nVidia. With the CPU side it is a toss up between the two that you mention. The AMD will have better multi-threaded performance but that i7 might be a bit faster in some games, like less than 7% difference.