updating bio on strix x370-f gaming board for a ryzen 7 2700x processor

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015
Hi all .. this will be a new build. I need to update the BIOS for my processor.. but my question is this. This is a new build. In order to update the BIOS .. can I use the new processor to get into the BIOS even though the BIOS has not been updated for this processor?? If I am not able to.. how do I update the BIOS ??

dj3642a

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2015

*** .. i was going to use a USB drive with the new bios or updated bios for my processor .. but had wanted to know if i used my new processor. if that would work enough for me to get into the bios. but i dont want to screw that up. so i will go to the retailer. awesome info .. thanks guy.. i was thinking about this today.. i bought all my stuff for the pc at a computer store.. spent about 1300 dollars on everything. so i am going to ask them if i build my pc complete but without the processor.. if they will flash it for me for free.. i mean as i said. i gave them about 1300 dollars. so hopefully they will. i will see. thanks again. nice to know there is a loaner option just in case..