prrand

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2011
In 2011 I built my wife a workstation for graphic design (logos, publications, etc.) with the following specs:

ASUS P6 X85-E WS
Xeon W3550
PNY Quadro 600
Kingston DDR3 x 24

She is now getting into video editing and will be running Adobe Premiere Pro. I already know the video card won't cut it, but am concerned that will lead me to have possibly upgrade the proc to an i7 or higher and then who knows what else to work like it should. So I am wondering if I should just consider buying a prebuilt (any suggestions as well) or maybe even building a new one (I've been out of tech for awhile). Any input or suggestions would be appreciated, TIA.

Solution
At the current market buying and building your own is a challenge given the high demand and low supply going on. For her work criteria a simple intel 10th gen like a 10700K and even a GTX 1660Ti will be enough to video edit in 4K, albeit not the fastest. So if you really can't be bothered going scavenger hunting for computer parts pre-built would be the next best choice. There are numerous choices but it also depends where you live. Some brands are NZXT, Cyberbuyer, iBuypower, Digital Storm, Origin, Corsair. You're gonna have to choose which is best for your area but I guess price comparisons also don't hurt.
At the current market buying and building your own is a challenge given the high demand and low supply going on. For her work criteria a simple intel 10th gen like a 10700K and even a GTX 1660Ti will be enough to video edit in 4K, albeit not the fastest. So if you really can't be bothered going scavenger hunting for computer parts pre-built would be the next best choice. There are numerous choices but it also depends where you live. Some brands are NZXT, Cyberbuyer, iBuypower, Digital Storm, Origin, Corsair. You're gonna have to choose which is best for your area but I guess price comparisons also don't hurt.

Solution