[SOLVED] Upgrade for a prebuild I bought

Twizlo

Prominent
Dec 17, 2020
Hi I purchased a sky tech shiva and am looking for advice on what I should upgrade it with.
It came with a ryzen 5 2600 16 gb ddr4 ram and a rtx 2060. I believe the motherboard is a asrock b450m. Thank you in advance!

Solution
You can go for a 4th gen Ryzen (5600X etc.) but you'll need to update the BIOS to P4.60 Version.

Maybe a better air cooler or AIO.You need to make sure that your case supports the product you choose.

You can upgrade the GPU for a RTX 3000 or AMD Equivalent.In this scenario you need to make sure that you have a decent quality PSU.

Maybe you can move your Windows 10 into a gen3 NVME instead of a 2.5'' ssd or HDD, if you don't already.

Maybe more RAM.

Your post's info isn't enough for some clear instructions.

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
You can go for a 4th gen Ryzen (5600X etc.) but you'll need to update the BIOS to P4.60 Version.

Maybe a better air cooler or AIO.You need to make sure that your case supports the product you choose.

You can upgrade the GPU for a RTX 3000 or AMD Equivalent.In this scenario you need to make sure that you have a decent quality PSU.

Maybe you can move your Windows 10 into a gen3 NVME instead of a 2.5'' ssd or HDD, if you don't already.

Maybe more RAM.

Your post's info isn't enough for some clear instructions.

Reactions: SamirD
Solution