[SOLVED] Upgrade from 2070 to 30’s series

priceyant

Reputable
Jul 2, 2018
Hello, I have a rtx 2070 currently and I just saw the new 30xx series and was wondering if it was worth upgrading because the 3070 is quite affordable for me, but my questions are if I would need to upgrade my psu or any other components to run the 30XX series and would it be worth to pay the extra 200 for the 3080, also is there a good place to sell my old cards (never been overclocked or anything)

Solution
Upgrade if your RTX 2070 is not providing the experience that you want. But I get it. It's a big leap in performance. Lots of people want these cards.

Lutfij

Titan
I'd ask you to wait and see what all the reviewers have to say about the card as well as the pricing for said 3000 series is going to be(not to mention the power draw for the cards). Once they are all out there, you can decide if the current card gets a new home.

KawaTom

Reputable
Jan 17, 2020
The panic of getting the newest GPU is on a big roll and after the pricing and specs of the 3070 i see a lot of desperat peoples trying to get the most out of theyr 2080ti and i think they will have a big problem selling them for over 400$. And that means like my 2070s is not worth 300$ today maybe not even 250$ and who knows what happens when AMD launches theyr new line in november?

Dont panic, keep chill and wait and see. The loss has already happend