[SOLVED] Upgrade Graphics Card?

Oct 29, 2020
I just purchased a new monitor! It is a 27 4k monitor with freesync and I was wondering if I should upgrade my graphics card to take advantage of the 4k resolution. Currently I have an Radeon RX 560 GPU and would be looking to upgrade to a RTX 2070 Super. Here are my system specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x (3.6 ghz)
Ram: 16 gb DDR4
GPU: RX 560

The current gpu is using freesync, but the framerate of games drops significantly even with games that are not too detailed graphics wise (Dont Starve etc...). This makes me have to decrease the resolution to be able to play games smoothly back to 1080

Let me know what you guys think!

Thanks!

Solution
I just purchased a new monitor! It is a 27 4k monitor with freesync and I was wondering if I should upgrade my graphics card to take advantage of the 4k resolution. Currently I have an Radeon RX 560 GPU and would be looking to upgrade to a RTX 2070 Super. Here are my system specs:

The current gpu is using freesync, but the framerate of games drops significantly even with games that are not too detailed graphics wise (Dont Starve etc...). This makes me have to decrease the resolution to be able to play games smoothly back to 1080

Thanks!
Okay first thing is, I'd recommend you having at least a 650w psu. I'd personally recommend...

Thanks!
Okay first thing is, I'd recommend you having at least a 650w psu. I'd personally recommend going for a 5700xt. But I'd also wait a little bit for amd to release their cards and for nvidia to have stock. the rtx 3070 is an incredibly good deal that I'd recommend.

Solution