[SOLVED] Upgrade i5-4440 to i7-4790k or gpu gtx 750 to better?

Aug 24, 2021
I am playing ROX:Next Gen on bluestacks 5 on my pc. It works decently when grinding. However when mvp/mini hunting or event time, the game goes super laggy and occassionally will have frame drops when boss uses skills and i will die. Sometimes when boss ulti, if i manage to run away from the aoe, i will still die and when priest revive me, i will be back to my original loaction. Meaning that my screen shows i ran away, but server didnt capture my movement. This is an issue with bottlenecked cpu or gpu?
So im thinking of upgrading my cpu to 4790k or maybe a better gpu. the cost to upgrade to a i7-4790k will be around USD150 after conversion. for a gpu 1060 (or amd equivalent) it will be around 250-300usd. which will be better choice?
OsUtMoO.png
bql8daa.png

This is my current build:
CPU: Intel - Core i5-4440 3.1GHz with stock cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - G1.Sniper Z87 (rev. 1.1)
Memory: Kingston - 4x4gb - 16gb 1333Mhz
Storage: Kingston - A400 500gb SSD
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO 250gb SSD
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

Any options/feedback would be great.

Last edited:
Solution
yea, the 100% utilization spikes are the times where the game will lag, and sometimes freeze. frame drops are also frequent. im already running at lowest settings, 30fps. still having those spikes occassionally. any cpu/gpu combo would be the best power/budget for now? im running tight on budget,
Well, the current market is still super expensive for graphics cards. Here in the UK, the only cards at or near MSRP are 1050 ti's or AMD's new 6600XT(which is still expensive). Also, I'm not sure that upgrading what is a pretty old platform with a slightly faster CPU is such a wise idea.

You could maybe look into the possibility of a platform upgrade. A Ryzen 5600G with Vega integrated graphics, a motherboard and some DDR4 ram.
I am playing ROX:Next Gen on bluestacks 5 on my pc. It works decently when grinding. However when mvp/mini hunting or event time, the game goes super laggy and occassionally will have frame drops when boss uses skills and i will die. Sometimes when boss ulti, if i manage to run away from the aoe, i will still die and when priest revive me, i will be back to my original loaction. Meaning that my screen shows i ran away, but server didnt capture my movement. This is an issue with bottlenecked cpu or gpu?
So im thinking of upgrading my cpu to 4790k or maybe a better gpu. the cost to upgrade to a i7-4790k will be around USD150 after conversion. for a gpu 1060 it will be around 250-300usd. which will be better choice?
OsUtMoO.png
bql8daa.png

This is my current build:
CPU: Intel - Core i5-4440 3.1GHz with stock cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte - G1.Sniper Z87 (rev. 1.1)
Memory: Kingston - 4x4gb - 16gb 1333Mhz
Storage: Kingston - A400 500gb SSD
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO 250gb SSD
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit

Any options/feedback would be great.
If it is running on Bluestacks so it is emulating an android phone then I would have thought a beefier CPU would be better.

Looking at your screenshots both the CPU and GPU go to 100% utilization so I guess the answer would be both

Aug 24, 2021
Upgrading GPU to 1060 will be better but I suggest make upgrade in the future to i7-4790K anyway.
any gpu recommendation without breaking the bank? as Flayed replied, i would need to upgrade both. may i have a recommendation for both cpu and gpu what are balance in power so that 1 will not bottleneck the other.

Aug 24, 2021
If it is running on Bluestacks so it is emulating an android phone then I would have thought a beefier CPU would be better.

Looking at your screenshots both the CPU and GPU go to 100% utilization so I guess the answer would be both
yea, the 100% utilization spikes are the times where the game will lag, and sometimes freeze. frame drops are also frequent. im already running at lowest settings, 30fps. still having those spikes occassionally. any cpu/gpu combo would be the best power/budget for now? im running tight on budget,

Well, the current market is still super expensive for graphics cards. Here in the UK, the only cards at or near MSRP are 1050 ti's or AMD's new 6600XT(which is still expensive). Also, I'm not sure that upgrading what is a pretty old platform with a slightly faster CPU is such a wise idea.

You could maybe look into the possibility of a platform upgrade. A Ryzen 5600G with Vega integrated graphics, a motherboard and some DDR4 ram.

Solution
Aug 24, 2021

that would mean a complete overhaul of my platform. =( it would be too pricey for me.
i was just planning to upgrade my platform to the max that this mobo can support. then i can extend its use for maybe another 3-5years.
i have surveyed that 4970k is the max tier for lga1150. i just dont know will it be worth it performance/dollar spent.
as for the gpu, i might not need 1060, is 960 a better option?

that would mean a complete overhaul of my platform. =( it would be too pricey for me.
i was just planning to upgrade my platform to the max that this mobo can support. then i can extend its use for maybe another 3-5years.
i have surveyed that 4970k is the max tier for lga1150. i just dont know will it be worth it performance/dollar spent.
Maybe there is someone on here with a 4970k who uses bluestacks and can comment on its performance. All I can tell you is it will be faster than your current CPU.
As for the GPU get the fastest one you can afford, the 960 will still be faster than your 750 ti

Aug 24, 2021
I strongly suggest you upgrade your 750ti with 1660 or 6600xt, you will got huge effective AAA game running.
for 4th i5/i7 there is no noticeable differences.
i wish i could. the price tag is heavy for that. we are having lockdown at the moment and salary is not promising. could only afford a cheap upgrade at the moment.
will my 4440 cause a bottleneck for the 1660/6600xt?

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018

Yes absolutely agree. A zen 3 APU is a no nonsense in this case

rakibfahadgts

Reputable
Aug 4, 2018
Why are you looking for Nvidia only. Instead of 960 you can watch out for rx 570 as well.