yehia7000

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
hi, i want to upgrade my phenom ii x6 1090t to ivy bridge but iam confused between i5 3570k or i7 3770k , i have gtx 590
and iwant the best performance in gaming and overclocking ability i played bf 3 multiplayer and ghost recon future soldier

Solution

Yes, Nvidia GTX 590 is a little bit faster than AMD HD Radeon 7970 but taking into consideration the power consumption, price and overclocking potential makes the AMD one a better choice.

I recommend you to buy AMD HD Radeon 7970 as it provides excellent 1080p gaming performance and is based on the most efficient architecture available.

This Graphics Card, paired with your AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor, will make your PC amazing for Full HD gaming.

Regards,
SmartGeek

yehia7000

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
thanks for processor , but iam confused between asus sabertooth z77 and asus maximus v gene , i want the best board for overclocking and gaming performance . and which is better for overclocking 2133mhz ram or 1866 for i5 3570k or i7 3770k

SmartGeek

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Hi yehia7000,

The AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor is enough for gaming and is pretty good for video encoding, converting, etc. You don't need to upgrade it. If you're not satisfied with the gaming performance of your PC, then I suggest you to overclock your processor and buy a more powerful Graphics Card.

Your processor paired with a powerful Graphics Card will be an ideal gaming combo with the ability to handle multi-tasking better too. I recommend you to save your money and instead of upgrading the processor you should upgrade your GPU as it will give you an overall powerful system.

Regards,
SmartGeek

yehia7000

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
which is better hd 7970 crossfire x or gtx 670 sli i ran games at 1920x 1080 but i think phenom ii x6 may bottleneck as it gave me usage in new ghost recon 70 % so i think this is a bottlneck

SmartGeek

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

See, if this Six Core processor is giving 70% load when gaming, then the four core Ivy Bridge will run on 100% load. If what you're saying is correct, then maybe this game can utilize more than four cores. So, in this case, the Intel i5 3570k will bottleneck not the AMD Phenom II X6 1090T. I suggest you to get a single AMD HD Radeon 7970 as it is enough for gaming at 1080p. You'll save money and energy both without compromising performance.

I recommend you to buy a single AMD HD Radeon 7970 as it is quite energy efficient and delivers solid performance and it will not break your wallet too.

Regards,
SmartGeek

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010

Apples to oranges, to put it lightly.

Intel chips are vastly more efficient, resulting in a much higher IPC (instructions per cycle) and better performance at any given clock speed. Plus the 3570k is clocked higher anyway. A four core Intel chip is in no way equivalent to four cores of a six core AMD chip, and this kind of comparison is beyond meaningless.

Also, 70% load doesn't necessarily mean four of six cores maxed out. It could well be six cores that aren't being fully utilized, or three maxed out and three more not fully utilized, etc. It will entirely depend upon the game and how good it is at splitting its tasks up across different threads. You also can't just look at the task manager to figure this out, because threads regularly switch between cores in most cases. Usually, all cores will report similar usage, even when running extremely unbalanced threads. To really figure it out, you'd need to look at individual threads and how much CPU time they use relative to each other.

A lot of games get some easy parallelism by offloading simple tasks like audio to other threads, but these threads might only occupy 10% of a core's available time slots. Other games are much better and divide up the work more efficiently, resulting in several threads which can really hammer the CPU.

My advice to the OP is to go look at CPU benchmarks for the games you're interested in and see if there is extra performance to be had for going with a faster four core processor over a six core. For most games, there will be little to no benefit, but for some, you might get noticeable gains.

yehia7000

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
IN SOME GAMES LIKE GHOST RECON THE USAGE OF THE TWO IS 70-80 % SO I THINK THAT IS BOTTLENECK ,FPS IS UNDER 60 BUT SOMETIMES THE USAGE IS 98 %
+ 60 FPS SOLID BUT MOST OF TIMES IT IS 70-80%

SmartGeek

Honorable
Jun 3, 2012

Yes, Nvidia GTX 590 is a little bit faster than AMD HD Radeon 7970 but taking into consideration the power consumption, price and overclocking potential makes the AMD one a better choice.

I recommend you to buy AMD HD Radeon 7970 as it provides excellent 1080p gaming performance and is based on the most efficient architecture available.

This Graphics Card, paired with your AMD Phenom II X6 1090T processor, will make your PC amazing for Full HD gaming.

Regards,
SmartGeek

Solution