Discussion Upgrade tips?

• Thread starter Deleted member 2354031
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2354031

I was on a tight position back then, so I sold some parts of my old main PC for some extra cash.

I eventually got back on my feet and bought some low end parts, so I can save some money to upgrade it in the future.

Current Specs

CPU:
Athlon 200GE
MoBo: GA-A320M-S2H V2
Ram: ADATA 8GB 2666Mhz
PSU: TT Smart RGB 500W
Storage:
-
WD 500GB Blue
-Samsung 250GB EVO

The parts that I'm looking to get:
CPUs=
-Ryzen 5 2400G
-Ryzen 5 2600
-Ryzen 5 3400G
-Ryzen 3 3300X
GPUs=
-RX 570
-RX 470
-GTX 1650?

(I'm fine with the Ryzen 5 APU performance)

My Question

So shall I upgrade my CPU with the Ryzen 5 APU series?

or Get a GPU first and save up to buy a better CPU?

• I'm also planning to buy another 8GB stick
  • Shall I sell my Samsung and get myself a WD 120GB Green M.2 SSD?
  • No, I'm not planning on upgrading my MoBo.
  • Mid-range PC, is what I'm trying to achieve

SteelStruck

Prominent
Jul 31, 2020
Hmmm, this is a tough one because any midrange GPU you put in the system will be bottlenecked by the Athlon, so I would upgrade your CPU first (make sure to nab something with integrated graphics if you don't buy CPU and GPU at the same time), then buy a GPU. Also, don't sell your Samsung, it's a great SSD and if you can afford to not sell it then don't sell it. Another 8gb stick will also come in handy.

D

Deleted member 2354031

Hmmm, this is a tough one because any midrange GPU you put in the system will be bottlenecked by the Athlon, so I would upgrade your CPU first (make sure to nab something with integrated graphics if you don't buy CPU and GPU at the same time), then buy a GPU. Also, don't sell your Samsung, it's a great SSD and if you can afford to not sell it then don't sell it. Another 8gb stick will also come in handy.
I'll think about it, But between 2400G and 3400G which one is better?? Is it 3400G worth it?