[SOLVED] Upgrade to current machine. A few questions?

Nov 18, 2019
Hi All,

I'm planning a upgrade to my current machine. I currently have:

Intel i7-4790K
Nvidia RTX 2080
16 GB DRR3 1666 (Corsair Vengeance)
Intel Mobo?
850 Watt Corsair PSU (4 years old)

I want to get:
Intel i5-9600K
Keep my GPU
16 GB DDR4 3000 (Corsair/G.Skill)
MSI Z390-A PRO
Keep my PSU

Firstly is this a worthy upgrade? Secondly will this all fit together, looks okay to me?

If this makes a difference, its all air cooled. I have a cooler for the i5.

Appreciate the assistance :)

Solution
Minimal gains I would think. Unless you've been playing some very CPU intensive games lately. And if you want to stream/encode, etc than you should be looking at Ryzen or i7/i9 CPUs.

20-25% increase in IPC, but going from 8 threads to 6. Dropping down to i5 levels of cache.

Only reason I made the jump was for NVMe storage, otherwise I would probably still be using my i7-4770k.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Minimal gains I would think. Unless you've been playing some very CPU intensive games lately. And if you want to stream/encode, etc than you should be looking at Ryzen or i7/i9 CPUs.

20-25% increase in IPC, but going from 8 threads to 6. Dropping down to i5 levels of cache.

Only reason I made the jump was for NVMe storage, otherwise I would probably still be using my i7-4770k.

Solution
Nov 18, 2019

Thanks for the advice. Ive decided ill wait till newer stuff is out, my PC is handling okay. I have no intention to stream/encode or anything so not a worth it upgrade.