[SOLVED] Upgraded CPU, game I wanted to upgrade for is still slow and laggy.

Mar 12, 2021
Hello. I am having an issue with my CPU right now. I downloaded Apex Legends to play with my friends, but I kept having lots of disconnects, crashes, and freezing while fighting or loading/dropping. I figured the issue was with my processor, since my old one was an Intel Pentium Gold G5400, and I had many issues with it. So I started to save for a new processor, and ended up choosing the Intel Core i5 9400f. It seemed like a good upgrade, because the G5400 had 2 cores, and this one had 6. I finally ordered it last week and it came yesterday, but when I installed it in my computer and ran Apex, I was still having most of the same problems. I saw small bits of improvement, but it seems like those 4 extra cores were doing nothing at all. Does anyone know why this is? Maybe I installed it wrong, or there is some software I need to update?
Warning: This is probably obvious, but I don't know much about computers lol

My Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 9400f
GPU: GTX 1650 Super
Motherboard: Gigabyte H310M S2P
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (8gb x1)
Power Supply: EVGA 450
HDD: Western Digital AVGP 1TB

If you need any more details to help find the problem, feel free to ask (like my apex settings or something). Thanks!

Solution
About the ram upgrade, should I just buy another stick of 8gb Corsair Vengeance and add it to the 8gb I already have?
Safest option would be getting 2x8GB kit.
Sometimes separately bought modules (not from same kit) don't play well together. Unfortunately you can know that only after you test it.
But Intel cpus are less sensitive to ram performance/compatibility. You might as well try it.
Make sure, you can return purchased module, if compatibility problems arise.

Also, I think the disconnects are somehow related to the CPU, because my wifi never drops when the disconnects happen, and only Apex disconnects, not discord or anything else running at the time.
Nope. Cpu can not cause that.
It might be something exhausting...
I kept having lots of disconnects, crashes, and freezing while fighting or loading/dropping. I figured the issue was with my processor
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX (8gb x1)
Low amount of ram. Upgrade ram to 16GB.

About disconnects .. are you using wifi for network connection? Try using wired ethernet instead.

Can you show screenshot from Task Manager/Performance/CPU section?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)

Mar 12, 2021
Low amount of ram. Upgrade ram to 16GB.

About disconnects .. are you using wifi for network connection? Try using wired ethernet instead.

Can you show screenshot from Task Manager/Performance/CPU section?
(upload to imgur.com and post link)
Here is the CPU screenshot: View: https://imgur.com/KCY2LYJ

About the ram upgrade, should I just buy another stick of 8gb Corsair Vengeance and add it to the 8gb I already have?

Also, I think the disconnects are somehow related to the CPU, because my wifi never drops when the disconnects happen, and only Apex disconnects, not discord or anything else running at the time.

Sometimes separately bought modules (not from same kit) don't play well together. Unfortunately you can know that only after you test it.
But Intel cpus are less sensitive to ram performance/compatibility. You might as well try it.

It might be something exhausting all available network resources and game disconnects because of that. Torrent client perhaps?
Or you have unstable connection to game server - game server dropping your connection or router dropping connection.

Solution
Mar 12, 2021

It might be something exhausting all available network resources and game disconnects because of that. Torrent client perhaps?
Or you have unstable connection to game server - game server dropping your connection or router dropping connection.
Ok, thanks for all your help :)

After watching this, I'm under no impression you need to buy the exact same model or go for a 2x8GB kit. Just make sure you get something that matches your current module's spec.

If you want the easy clap route, then yes, get a 2x8GB kit. If you want to save money but taking the risk of issues, get another 1x8GB module that matches the spec of your current one as close as possible to minimize said risk.