[SOLVED] Upgraded CPU, MOBO and RAM now pc boots with no display

George24

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
First time booting since installing new parts I boot and the fans start but display does not come on.

Don’t really have a lot of experience with building pcs just go off youtube tutorials.

CPU: ryzen 5 2600
MOBO: ASrock B450-HDV R4.0
RAM: patriot viper 2x8gb 3200
GPU: zotac 1050ti 4gb oc
PSU: CiT 500CG
Storage: hitachi 1tb hdd
and i’ve also got a disk drive

Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:
Solution
You get signs of life right? like fans whir up and what not? does the bios show up at all? do you have another pc to test the monitor with (using that specific port) recently I had the displayport on my monitor go and I was thinking it was the GPU as I was trying to overclock it.

George24

Reputable
Sep 8, 2016
Maybe a stipid question, are you plugging monitor in the GPU and right port on it, no adapters ?
Not a stupid question i’ve done it before so i made sure this time, I have a DVI connector plugged into my GPU and Monitor, i also tried plugging it straight into the mobo after it didn’t display from the gpu.

khodex1997

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2013
You get signs of life right? like fans whir up and what not? does the bios show up at all? do you have another pc to test the monitor with (using that specific port) recently I had the displayport on my monitor go and I was thinking it was the GPU as I was trying to overclock it.

Solution