Question upgraded from 2700x to 5900x and now computer won't boot into windows

Jan 1, 2022
Previous parts: 2700x, ddr4 64gb ram, 750 cosair sft psu, Fe rtx 3090, Motherboard: asus rog strix x570-i gaming x570 mini-itx gaming

only new part 5900x

All parts work with the old CPU!

The build with the 2700x worked perfectly fine. I additionally updated to the new bios and tested it first with my 2700x and it worked.

Problem: I then tried my new CPU. The bios booted fine and didn’t do anything then continued to Windows. I opened windows up for around 1 minute and it black screens. I then restarted it and it only allows me to boot into my bios which works fine. If I try running Windows it just crashes :(

I tried wiping windows also and it fails to reinstall eventually black screening mid-way through reinstall point. It will work if I put it back in the old CPU...

I'm also using windows 11 which is supported under the last patch before the current bios patch I'm using

Any suggestions on what I should do?

Jan 1, 2022
I have tried all suggestions. I cleared my CMOS. It seems to work perfectly fine with my 2700x. Installed windows 10 as well still didn't boot. I have had 2 tried two different motherboards that worked, 2 different power supplies that worked on other machines, and 2 sets of ram. Honestly, this is my second time trying this and I'm just giving up on AMD and switching to an Intel CPU. I shouldn't get two dead CPUs in a row. It isn't worth having to go through this much hassle just to get your machine to work!

My SOLUTION: Switching to INTEL

Jan 1, 2022
What BIOS version did you originally have and what version did you update it to?
Updated to the newest bios from the companies website. Other CPUs works fine with it. I had a 570x

What BIOS version did you originally have and what version did you update it to?
I honestly forgot what version I had before. However, I had the newest bios and checked with the website to make sure it was compatible. The old version worked, fine with my 2700x. Additionally, my new bios work fine with 2700x as well.