[SOLVED] Upgraded my system but still not seeing any Improvements...

Aziren2001

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
So i upgraded my system a couple of days back from my old FX system and have been bench marking it to see the improvements. I am seeing improvements for sure but games like BF5 are still unplayable even if i turn the settings all the way down. Turning settings down and resolution scale have no effect which is the puzzling part. The GPU and CPU usage are both under 100% the CPU barely touches 60% however the GPU is all over the place. I understand the GPU needs an upgrade but even at low settings it should still be ok? Is it a software problem? Would there be any other reason as to why games like BF5, Battlefront 2 are stuttery and unplayable?

System
i5 9600KF (barely touches 70% usage in all games i tested)
8GB corsair vengeance RAM
gtx 960 2GB (I am going to upgrade this to a 580 8GB soon but for now i wan to try and figure this out)
500 WATT 80+ PSU
1TB HDD

Solution
i think your video card is way behind your whole system, i would recommend a nvidia 1660 6gb if you got a extra hundred bucks.

Aziren2001

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
i think your video card is way behind your whole system, i would recommend a nvidia 1660 6gb if you got a extra hundred bucks.
I knew the GPU would definitely bottleneck but i did not think it would make some games unplayable, espcially since BF5 is more CPU intensive (kinda)
And I am thinking about a 1660 depending on the budget when i can, I am to get a better card as a form of futureproofing my system

Aziren2001

Reputable
Dec 3, 2019
So you did a complete wipe of the HDD/SSD and reinstalled Windows?

Yeah, that 2gb GPU is going to struggle on modern games!
Hi again,
I did the wipe through windows (going to reset pc, the going through the deleting everything and installing windows process)
And agreed I knew it Would, it has done well for a long time though